Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:14 PM

Stockpiling

I'm told we should stockpile food and medicine because of Brexit and the chaos, doom and gloom and complete disaster that is going to happen when we leave the EU.

But.. we do stockpiling every time it snows. I see armies of people stockpiling fruit, veg, loaves of bread, tins of beans etc all because there is forecast 1cm of snow.

Same thing at Christmas, Easter and Bank Holidays... the shops are closed for a whole day so off they go again, to the supermarkets, stockpiling beans, loaves of bread, fruit and veg etc.

It's a way of life for us Brits, its what we do and what we always did. Nobody bats an eyelid.... it's almost "normal".

Why is stockpiling for Brexit so different to what we have been doing for decades and decades ?

We are British ... it's what we do ...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:16 PM

Re: Stockpiling

Toilet rolls! Don't forget them!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:18 PM

It is stockpiling that causes the shortage. If everyone just acted normally all would be fine.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:19 PM

I'm going to Majestic Wine because I started earlier than expected on my stockpile of Chateu Neuf du Pape.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:19 PM

I always act normally!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

01-02-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Toilet rolls! Don't forget them!
Good point !

I've got enough tin foil to make 3 large hats
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm going to Majestic Wine because I started earlier than expected on my stockpile of Chateu Neuf du Pape.
I reckon Sweetie Pie is already there so you had better run.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
it is stockpiling that causes the shortage. If everyone just acted normally all would be fine.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm told we should stockpile food and medicine because of Brexit and the chaos, doom and gloom and complete disaster that is going to happen when we leave the EU.

But.. we do stockpiling every time it snows. I see armies of people stockpiling fruit, veg, loaves of bread, tins of beans etc all because there is forecast 1cm of snow.

Same thing at Christmas, Easter and Bank Holidays... the shops are closed for a whole day so off they go again, to the supermarkets, stockpiling beans, loaves of bread, fruit and veg etc.

It's a way of life for us Brits, its what we do and what we always did. Nobody bats an eyelid.... it's almost "normal".

Why is stockpiling for Brexit so different to what we have been doing for decades and decades ?

We are British ... it's what we do ...

A lot of animal species do the same to survive hard times. Seems a sensibel action even though survival is not garantued..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

01-02-2019, 01:47 PM

If we have rationing, I think Brexiteers should be at the back of the queue!

Runs away...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top