Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 05:24 PM

Re: What would you do?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, that's sad dongle, but a good age I suppose.
Just the other friend to find now then.
Thanks Mups. Yes it's not like we were close or anything but have some happy memories of when we worked together. At least I know about him now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by issi ->
Sorry to hear of your loss LD, you did the right thing. Hopefully your othe friend will be alright.
I hope so Issi. Thank you.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 05:53 PM

I've been on the other end of this, as in receiving enquiries about my husband, it's amazing how many people he knew that I didn't know.

I did put a notice in the paper at the time but not everybody reads the paper, or the obits.

I still get the occasional person asking, I don't find it upsetting just takes me by surprise is all, so don't be scared of asking, people will be glad you remember their relative.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 09:00 PM

This happened to me a few years ago. I researched information to find relatives onky to discover the person had had a heart attack and died.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 10:29 PM

Mum (80) uses the wee stickers the charities usually send in December, all printed with her name and address , on the back of the envelopes to those she no longer sees but wishes to keep in touch with

When people pass, it gives the NOK and idea of who to let know
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Mum (80) uses the wee stickers the charities usually send in December, all printed with her name and address , on the back of the envelopes to those she no longer sees but wishes to keep in touch with

When people pass, it gives the NOK and idea of who to let know
I use those on all letters to my pen pals too. Had mine printed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-02-2019, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I've been on the other end of this, as in receiving enquiries about my husband, it's amazing how many people he knew that I didn't know.

I did put a notice in the paper at the time but not everybody reads the paper, or the obits.

I still get the occasional person asking, I don't find it upsetting just takes me by surprise is all, so don't be scared of asking, people will be glad you remember their relative.
Yes, I suppose if it was me, I would be pleased that someone cared.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 11:00 PM

Wish I could help LD, but this scenario is unlikely to cross my path, most people I knew, were never In it for the long run, here today, gone tomorrow.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-02-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Wish I could help LD, but this scenario is unlikely to cross my path, most people I knew, were never In it for the long run, here today, gone tomorrow.
That's a shame Spitty.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 11:02 AM

They mightn’t be ex directory
You could write to them .
Both are worth a try.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top