Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 11:48 AM

Re: Trade with other nations

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We get a rebate on our contribution. We pay a gross figure of about 350 million a week but get a rebate of about 100 million a week - a net figure of about 13 billion a year. We don't get any of that back as loan repayments ... it's what we give to the EU.
What has any of that to do with Ford being given a loan by the EU bank? Ford was also given a much bigger loan of £450m in 2010 to invest in its UK operations. Again that was not a grant.

Ford basically let everyone down. They promised us production which they then withdrew when they realised their European operations were making a big loss.

http://www.eib.org/en/infocentre/pre...chnologies.htm
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 12:11 PM

We get a rebate on our contribution

We pay a gross figure of about 350 million a week but get a rebate of about 100 million a week - a net figure of about 13 billion a year.

We don't get any of that back as loan repayments ... it's what we give to the EU.
Hi

Your figures are at odds with those published in our Parliamentary Reports.

Your figure at £250 a week is very different to the £164 million a week in our accounts.

We do get cheap loans from the EU, we do very well out od them.

Our loans from the Strategic Investment lending is !0% of all such investment in the EU.

Amongst other things the EU are giving cheap loans to finance 3 new hospitals and part of Cross rail.

Our payments also allow us access to the Single Market for Services, something which disappears on Brexit as WTO does not cover services.

We are losing the Tax on these services, which are our main export to the EU.

Leaving the EU will produce no cost savings, contrary to what some promote.

If it was solely about money, we would not have left.

It is about far more than money, it is about self governance, no more integration and not letting Merkel unilaterally opening up the Borders to Economic Migrants and then insisting others take those she does not want.

It is about spending our money on our priorities, not the priorities of the EU.

I really do not give a damn about French farmers, I care about our own.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 05:10 PM

We get a rebate on our contribution

We pay a gross figure of about 350 million a week but get a rebate of about 100 million a week - a net figure of about 13 billion a year.

We don't get any of that back as loan repayments ... it's what we give to the EU.
Exactly! I wonder why some people here don't get it.

Perhaps they just don't want to accept it!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 07:11 PM

Net/gross contributions are totally relevant to the discussion about loans by the European bank. Loans are to be repaid. They are not grants.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Exactly! I wonder why some people here don't get it.

Perhaps they just don't want to accept it!
It's very odd I must admit ...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 02:21 PM

Hi

We are not doing well, that is my gripe, incompetence,not leaving.

This a report from the Guardian, groan I know, but they are quoting from the FT, which is behind a paywall.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ox-jeremy-hunt

Our lack of negotiating prowess is disgusting.

We could, and should, be making a much better job of things than we are.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 11:24 PM

...only 39 days to go.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 09:16 PM

It seems that not having the slightest idea about preparation diplomacy and world history is a prerequisite for Brexiteer ministers

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...471.html%3famp

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top