Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 08:20 AM

Re: Good Ol' England

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Manage what better exactly?

I live in Scotland and there is not one single, important aspect of life that the Scottish Government manages better than anywhere else.

The economy is growing more slowly than rUK
Education has gone down the pan.( really poor results for working class kids)
Health is a disaster zone of low recruitment, low morale, failing hospitals doctor/nurse shortages(Kids dying from pigeon fungus)
The road network is worse than most 3rd world countries.
The social housing stock is poorly built and poorly maintained.
There is really poor public transport systems outwith the central belt.
Local Authorities are hamstrung by Holyrood directives preventing them raising Council Tax and thereby improving the really awful standard of local services.

Scotland is a dirty country, with poor roads/transport links and a stagnant economy and a Govt stuck in a Groundhog day scenario of permanaant Independence navel gazing.

Free prescription yes..........but that only helps the middle classes

Free Tuition fees yes............but ,again, that only helps the middle classes

Scotland is in a bit of a mess Annie.......
Gosh what's pigeon fungus? Never heard of that.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Gosh what's pigeon fungus? Never heard of that.
no one cleaning up the pigeon mess then? I toured Scotland in 2000 - changed a bit then?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:42 AM

I went to Edinburgh last year and there were no Scottish people there
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I went to Edinburgh last year and there were no Scottish people there
They're all in England
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Try looking at the flag, virtually the whole of the Saltire is there but only some of the St Georges cross. There's no blue in the St George cross.
I think it is an absolute disgrace that you mob were allowed to steal part of the Australian flag for your national flag.

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I think it is an absolute disgrace that you mob were allowed to steal part of the Australian flag for your national flag.

ha ha
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Manage what better exactly?

I live in Scotland and there is not one single, important aspect of life that the Scottish Government manages better than anywhere else.

The economy is growing more slowly than rUK
Education has gone down the pan.( really poor results for working class kids)
Health is a disaster zone of low recruitment, low morale, failing hospitals doctor/nurse shortages(Kids dying from pigeon fungus)
The road network is worse than most 3rd world countries.
The social housing stock is poorly built and poorly maintained.
There is really poor public transport systems outwith the central belt.
Local Authorities are hamstrung by Holyrood directives preventing them raising Council Tax and thereby improving the really awful standard of local services.

Scotland is a dirty country, with poor roads/transport links and a stagnant economy and a Govt stuck in a Groundhog day scenario of permanaant Independence navel gazing.

Free prescription yes..........but that only helps the middle classes

Free Tuition fees yes............but ,again, that only helps the middle classes

Scotland is in a bit of a mess Annie.......
Oh dear,poor ickle You being forced to live in a Country You hate so much..My heart goes out to You ...but as it's been said many many many times on this here Forum about emigrants who CHOSE to live in this Country......IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.THEN FECK OFF BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 12:11 PM

All I know is that NO-ONE should criticise someone born in England, objecting to wanting to be known as English rather than British, especially from those born in Scotland, Wales or Ireland, who would certainly never answer to the word British if asked themselves.

I think it is disgraceful that Scottish, Welsh, Irish is always on official forms but English has been omitted. Why is that? I always fill out forms with the word English where it asks British?

It seems that other countries respect the word more than our own government. You ask Americans for instance, if they are planning to come or have already visited. It is nearly always referred to as "England".
We could certainly take a lesson from them.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
All I know is that NO-ONE should criticise someone born in England, objecting to wanting to be known as English rather than British, especially from those born in Scotland, Wales or Ireland, who would certainly never answer to the word British if asked themselves.

I think it is disgraceful that Scottish, Welsh, Irish is always on official forms but English has been omitted. Why is that? I always fill out forms with the word English where it asks British?

It seems that other countries respect the word more than our own government. You ask Americans for instance, if they are planning to come or have already visited. It is nearly always referred to as "England".
That's probably because people from many countries particularly Americans refer to Britain as England. I have come across this many times in my travels.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

19-02-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

I remember Emily Thornberry resigning over her white van man England flag racist rubbish years ago.

You would have thought that they would have learned

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top