Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 01:16 AM

Re: Abuse of men by women

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
where do you draw the line?? - there must be many instances - I've seen a few of just very bossy women who seem to have submissive husbands [seen it in my own family] but that was just considered for what it was in the day and not abuse - the terminology and definitions do change through the centuries - so the very bossy women I was witnessing was in the 40-50's !
Ok this is just ‘my’ opinion here but I don’t have the same sympathy and consideration for men who are getting brow beaten from bossy women. They have the option to put big boy pants on and leave. What I am referring to is serious physical and or sexual abuse.

I’ve seen far too many men who play the submissive role perfectly then bitch and complain to anyone that will hear them. These men need to grow a pair and move on. I think they are spineless and have zero sympathy for them.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 05:22 AM

I watched the programme on catch up....I was shocked because she seemed such a slight woman pretty and feminine looking but the injuries she inflicted were horrendous....even pouring boiling water on him as he slept. I'm so glad the kids are safe now...and him of course.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 07:56 PM

Some lovely men are married to Shrews and stay for the sake of the children
They do not complain as they wish to have a calm atmosphere for the children.

It is bearable as many of them have a very good job where they are well respected.
Often they get the courage to leave when the Children are adults and have left the home

Then I wonder who Mrs Shrew will bully?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 01:17 AM

Not many people realize that it is quite possible for people, both man and women, to have a poorly developed emotional age. This differs from their physical age and their intellectual age. Thus, a person can appear to be "normal" in size and intellect but severely lacking in their emotional age.
This is often the result of having a history of being abused as a child. In other words, such a person can get stuck at a very young emotional age.

Yes, I know that it is difficult to understand, but psychologists/psychiatrists work with such people every day. The key to helping such people is teaching them to add tools to their "toolbox" of emotional responses. For example: a 3 year old child has few, if any, tools in his toolbox. if he/she is being abused at that age, he/she does not know that they can go to the police, and certainly they have no idea what a social worker is, and how a S.W. can help them. Making matters more difficult, an abused child often thinks that his/her daily experiences are "normal".

If such a person does not ever get proper help, they can very well attain adulthood still stuck at a very young emotional age.

Consider the possibility/probability that the abused man in question was suffering from a poorly developed emotional state, even before he ever met the abusive woman. I would not be at all surprised to discover that he was also bullied at school.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2019, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Not many people realize that it is quite possible for people, both man and women, to have a poorly developed emotional age. This differs from their physical age and their intellectual age. Thus, a person can appear to be "normal" in size and intellect but severely lacking in their emotional age.
This is often the result of having a history of being abused as a child. In other words, such a person can get stuck at a very young emotional age.

Yes, I know that it is difficult to understand, but psychologists/psychiatrists work with such people every day. The key to helping such people is teaching them to add tools to their "toolbox" of emotional responses. For example: a 3 year old child has few, if any, tools in his toolbox. if he/she is being abused at that age, he/she does not know that they can go to the police, and certainly they have no idea what a social worker is, and how a S.W. can help them. Making matters more difficult, an abused child often thinks that his/her daily experiences are "normal".

If such a person does not ever get proper help, they can very well attain adulthood still stuck at a very young emotional age.

Consider the possibility/probability that the abused man in question was suffering from a poorly developed emotional state, even before he ever met the abusive woman. I would not be at all surprised to discover that he was also bullied at school.
Good points, Bakerman.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top