Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 04:37 PM

Re: Benidorm suffers HUGE drop in British Tourists.

Looks like Spanish Prime Minister, Pedro Sanchez is trying to use Gibraltar like Varadkar is using the `backstop` as pawn in the EU so-called negotiations.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Looks like Spanish Prime Minister, Pedro Sanchez is trying to use Gibraltar like Varadkar is using the `backstop` as pawn in the EU so-called negotiations.
What happens to the Ireland border will also happen to Gibraltar.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 09:08 PM

I look at it this way.

Of all the EU countries, which have been the most vociferous when it comes to criticising our decision to leave the EU?

Our two traditional enemies, of course: France and Spain, both of whom we have embarrassed when they have attempted to defeat us in war.

We've been to Spain a few times, but I don't have any particular wish to go there again, even if they decided not to try and sting us with visa costs, etc.

I think most of us believe their attitude to be rather stupid and nothing less than shooting themselves in the foot.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 10:44 PM

The Spanish economy must have suffered because of Franco's regime. But for a long time Spain had a very powerful empire. Their influence on the world has been significant. It's a pity they joined the euro.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Yep..
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 05:58 AM

Pot kettle black

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanis...ate_in_Morocco
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 06:07 AM

I looked at property in Marbella once...I remember all the Russians buying there ...I was told they were mainly Russian criminals part of the Russian Mafia not sure how true that was...glad we didn't buy now.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I looked at property in Marbella once...I remember all the Russians buying there ...I was told they were mainly Russian criminals part of the Russian Mafia not sure how true that was...glad we didn't buy now.
Malta is also a Russian ogliarch paradise
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 07:43 AM

We love to holiday in Spain, do so almost every year and we,ve personally always felt comfortable and welcomed. We lived there for two years too but reluctantly had to return 11 years ago.

We do hope to go back when we retire.

We lived inland and we found the Spanish people really liked the fact that I tried speaking in their language, albeit broken and no way fluent but I got by and I found they respected that.

Never been to Benidorm and not really interested in going there. Last year went to Almeria, stunning place and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The sun and scenery is beautiful and for us, very inviting, so much so we are holidaying there again in September,
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 08:04 AM

I wouldn't go there, not with all them Spanish Fly's.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top