Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 03:24 PM

Re: Were You A Prefect At School? Or Something Else?

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I once set off all the fire alarms.
Oh I was a rebel.
I locked a teacher in a cupboard too.
Haha! I'll bet you were great fun Sweetie.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 03:27 PM

I was an arsonist - managed to blow up the Chemistry laboratory - TWICE !!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 03:33 PM

It's all coming out now...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-02-2019, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I was a Prefect at school and a House Captain too!
I can just imagine you Art. I'll bet you were very popular with both teachers and pupils.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 03:47 PM

I wasn't a Prefect thank goodness, I would have hated that.

I was, however, the captain of the school's Hockey team and the captain of the school ladies Cricket team in my Grammar School.

...... and I mustn't forget, in the Infant School, I had the privilege of being Milk Monitor by piercing the holes and putting the straws in the small bottles of milk! How I hated that job as I hated milk even then and couldn't stand the smell of it let alone the taste!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 03:51 PM

The highest rank I achieved was Table Monitor, that meant dishing out the food at dinner time to the eight kids who were at my table,

No wish to offend but Prefect's were considered as teachers pets.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 04:01 PM

I was by no means a favourite pupil. Whacked with Plimsoll once and by hand a couple of times. Had to do 'lines' on a few occasions. A telling off by the head master too.

Nonetheless, I took the form prize in the third year at secondary school and was made a Prefect in the fourth. In view of the above, I was quite surprised.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I wasn't a Prefect thank goodness, I would have hated that.

I was, however, the captain of the school's Hockey team and the captain of the school ladies Cricket team in my Grammar School.

...... and I mustn't forget, in the Infant School, I had the privilege of being Milk Monitor by piercing the holes and putting the straws in the small bottles of milk! How I hated that job as I hated milk even then and couldn't stand the smell of it let alone the taste!
I can remember being milk monitor with my friend. First of all, we hated milk, it always had that sour smell on the top. After a while though, we got to like it and would pretend to some kids we had run out so we could have extra ourselves.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 04:40 PM

There was a girl in our class that always managed to sit on the teacher's lap. Can you imagine that happening these days without the BBC getting involved?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 04:46 PM

No never a prefect or a monitor, I was a nobody in school really. I tried hard until I was 14 then I turned into a smoking, truanting rebel. I do seem to remember giving out crisps to pupils on junior school so maybe I was in charge of the tuck shop.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top