Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 10:11 PM

Re: Were You A Prefect At School? Or Something Else?

I kept my head down and tried not to be noticed.I managed to be quietly average the whole of my school life.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 11:32 PM

At my school, if you made it to the Sixth Form, you were automatically made a prefect. We were expected to supervise detentions which was great fun. My mate and I always took a record player into detention and played the latest songs - Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Procul Harum. Kids would beg to be given their detention on our days.
About two months before our A level exams, half the Sixth Form were suspended from school (for having long hair and showing a poor example to the younger pupils). We were only allowed in for after school tutorials and the actual exams. We loved that!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I kept my head down and tried not to be noticed.I managed to be quietly average the whole of my school life.
Unfortunately, I was a 'gifted child' - a very isolating experience.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 08:21 AM

I wasn't a prefect...I have never been too good with rules generally not that I went around breaking them but I wouldn't have made a good prefect.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 08:39 AM

I did my best to be a safe haven for the Bully Fodder, the role never had an official title.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I did my best to be a safe haven for the Bully Fodder, the role never had an official title.
I can't imagine anyone getting away with bullying you Spitty...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
At my school, if you made it to the Sixth Form, you were automatically made a prefect. We were expected to supervise detentions which was great fun. My mate and I always took a record player into detention and played the latest songs - Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Procul Harum. Kids would beg to be given their detention on our days.
About two months before our A level exams, half the Sixth Form were suspended from school (for having long hair and showing a poor example to the younger pupils). We were only allowed in for after school tutorials and the actual exams. We loved that!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top