Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 01:07 PM

Re: End of world ????

Originally Posted by Lila ->
Do you think there'll be any humans around to watch the sun turn into a red giant?
Impossible to know I guess, but if humans are still around in millions of years time, they may not be watching it from this planet.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 01:09 PM

Do you think there'll be any humans around to watch the sun turn into a red giant?
The obvious answer is No. But if there are, boy are they going to need a high factor sun cream.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
... the end really is neigh, isn't it?
Come off the grass, Ploppy. Stop horsing around.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 05:56 PM

Probably not. I don't want to sound bonkers, but I have been having dreams all my life about a forthcoming apocalypse - and it isn't due to wars or nuclear bombs, but a pandemic that will all but obliterate the human race. Maybe humans will survive, but not in the way we live now. I don't know when this is coming, but it's coming people. I feel it in me water!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
Probably not. I don't want to sound bonkers, but I have been having dreams all my life about a forthcoming apocalypse - and it isn't due to wars or nuclear bombs, but a pandemic that will all but obliterate the human race. Maybe humans will survive, but not in the way we live now. I don't know when this is coming, but it's coming people. I feel it in me water!
Wasn't it Nostradamus who said the world will end not with a bang but a wimper?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
The world is changing thats for sure. If we look at it in a spiritual sense, we are now leaving the age of Pisces and entering the age of Aquarius. What will happen ? Not the end of the world, thats for sure. This new era will bring a new awakening for humanity, an acceptance of things rejected in the past and a new spirituality. How we perceive God and our own spirituality.
About bloody time too as I'm an Aquarian.

Time for some common sense around here, there and everywhere.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Wasn't it Nostradamus who said the world will end not with a bang but a wimper?
No, T S Eliot actually, Primus - but well remembered otherwise! Myself, I am a huge fan of Eliot but also, W B Yeats, in his prophetic poem, "The Second Coming" where he said "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold" which of course is always true.
The poem ends "And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 09:08 PM

Maybe not complete end of world,but end of world as we have known it and how many will survive the changes,The world is fast becoming over populated
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
No, T S Eliot actually, Primus - but well remembered otherwise! Myself, I am a huge fan of Eliot but also, W B Yeats, in his prophetic poem, "The Second Coming" where he said "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold" which of course is always true.
The poem ends "And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"
I stand corrected
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Come off the grass, Ploppy. Stop horsing around.
Damn, I maked another mistook.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top