Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 12:46 AM

Re: Ouch! I've got Shingles

I had it on my forehead , still got the marks .. Didn't hurt but looked as though it should have
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Ouch! I've got Shingles
I've got a few myself. You just need to keep them tacked down properly.

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:37 AM

Hope you feel better soon. I was lucky when I had shingles on my neck - minimal pain, but the itch was worse. Hopefully you won't have any lingering pain after it's gone.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Mr Mags has had shingles twice, the first time around his waist and the second on his left shoulder and arm. He put calamine on his rash to ease the itchiness. He suffered with nerve pains for a few months after the first attack but thankfully the second attack wasn't as severe.
That's strange, Mags. Shingles usually occurs in the same place each time. Mr Mags was unlucky!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I guess you had the chickenpox vaccination as a child.
It looks likely that those vaccinations are the cause of bad shingles attacks in later life.
Chickenpox vaccination is not included in the childhood vaccination schedule in the UK.

It is only given where there is a clinical need.

Chickenpox was never the deadly disease it was made out to be. 99.9% of kids had bouts of chickenpox as a routine part of childhood which lasted 2-3 weeks and weren't life threatening except for kids with compromised immune systems.
Certain groups of people, however, are at greater risk of serious complications from chickenpox and are offered the vaccination.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
That's strange, Mags. Shingles usually occurs in the same place each time. Mr Mags was unlucky!
I didn't know that Ania, the second time it occurred was in the weeks leading up to our daughter's wedding .... maybe I can blame her for it!
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 08:23 PM

poor thing i have had it lasted about 9weeks ,,, had the pain in the bck thort it was a muscle at first -not a nice pain i can tell u ' had spots on my wrist 'but sayin this ime sure i have had it since i have moved again 'stress maybe ,it has left me with a constant ache in my neck and shoulder -thort it was arthritus but i dont think so ... but not as bad now as it was few weeks ago , some people get it really bad -brings u right down ,never been given anything for mine ....
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 05:10 PM

How are you getting on Sue?
cinnamon girl
hampshire uk
cinnamon girl is female  cinnamon girl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=Suz/ sad to think that most of you have had it, and pulled through...

sorry, made me laugh.i also had it when very young,just flu like symptoms for a few days. i also pulled through
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 12:40 PM

Awww poor you, hope it passes soon and without too much pain. I've never had it but both my parents did. Dad was just out of sorts a bit but mum had a good bit of bother and felt quite rough..

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top