Join for free
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 08:21 PM

Kindle fire HD 6". A favor needed.

Has anyone got one of these or even a 7"?
I am still looking for a device that I can use in my viewer box for Virtual reality and 3D apps. I have tried a few older phones but they don't work. I even bought a phone that even came with a Google cardboard viewer, but it did not work. Sent it back and got a refund, after a big argument.
The kindle fire HD 6" can be made to fit. But would it work.
I need to know if they a gyro and an accelerator built in.
If someone that has a Kindle fire HD, would download a VR app (there are free ones), and let me know if it works. There are a few helter skelter apps out there, that are good.
Thanks.
cinnamon girl
hampshire uk
cinnamon girl is female  cinnamon girl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2016, 06:43 PM

Re: Kindle fire HD 6". A favor needed.

hi Emjay
have a kndle fire hdx and have downloaded vr moon explorer.is it meant to be a game ? just looks like a journey over the surface of the moon !
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2016, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by cinnamon girl ->
hi Emjay
have a kndle fire hdx and have downloaded vr moon explorer.is it meant to be a game ? just looks like a journey over the surface of the moon !
Hi. Cinnamon girl.
Thank you for your help. I have just done a search for that app but there were a few relating to that title.
With VR apps there is normally 2 screens on the one. When viewed through a viewer, you get a 3D affect and you can look around with a 360 degree view.
I am reluctant to buy a kindle fire HD 6" until I know it will work.
I have tried some older iPhones but they don't work.
I even bought a phone that was advertised with a Google cardboard viewer. But the phone did not have a gyro installed so it did not work.
I had a big argument with the seller over this, but in the end when I took the complaint to eBay, I got a refund.
If you do not mind I will send you a link to a app that is free so you could load it and then delete it whenever.
Once more thanks.
cinnamon girl
hampshire uk
cinnamon girl is female  cinnamon girl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2016, 09:03 PM

Hi Emjay
it is space mission moon explorer,and yes it does have two screens ! i thought it was a gremlin on my device ! feel free to send a link.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

20-09-2016, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by cinnamon girl ->
Hi Emjay
it is space mission moon explorer,and yes it does have two screens ! i thought it was a gremlin on my device ! feel free to send a link.
Thanks. I looked it up and it states that it is suitable for kindle fire. So that answers my question.
There seems to be so many VR apps and games out now.
I will now go ahead and order the 6" kindle fire if I can find one. Amazon says that they are out of stock, but there seems to be others that have them.
A cheap way to enter the VR is with a 'Google cardboard' but there are other types of viewers on the market.
Once again thanks.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top