Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 11:12 AM

NHS Sorted!

We live a pretty decadent lifestyle now, especially with regard to food choices. As our society is driven by capitalism restraints on what foods can be used to create other choice food stuffs is practically nonexistent and supermarkets, for instance, can stock any old crap they want: if it sells that is good enough.

Why is the NHS under duress?
Well this duress should lift now shouldn't it as the new anti-smoking laws kick in? Probably will in time which is a good thing. So if one type of intake has been deemed hazardous to health why not others such as sugars, fats and animal products?

What clogs up the hospitals?
No idea on the actual figures but many illnesses are because of people eating a poor diet; one that clogs the arteries or causes cancer, with many suffering all sorts of illnesses such as diabetes etc, and most can be caused by eating the wrong foods.

Outlaw food groups?
Well there you go then: why not outlaw certain food groups and place them in the same category as cigarettes?

Believe me there is ample evidence out there to substantiate the above. We are what we eat!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 11:18 AM

Re: NHS Sorted!

Now that you've stopped drinking and munching maltesers you are on a roll MKJ
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Now that you've stopped drinking and munching maltesers you are on a roll MKJ
Dead right .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 11:29 AM

I think different areas of the NHS are put under strain by different things surely we cannot say just bad diet for the mental health problems we see becoming more prolific, not bad diet the strains on the maternity services, not bad diet all the sports injuries presenting at A&E nor the DIYers arriving for first aid either.

It's not bad diet causing the elderly services to be strained either.

I am not arguing diet doesn't need looking at but to say it is so important within the NHS seems to give it added importance it just doesn't warrant.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

06-06-2015, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think different areas of the NHS are put under strain by different things surely we cannot say just bad diet for the mental health problems we see becoming more prolific, not bad diet the strains on the maternity services, not bad diet all the sports injuries presenting at A&E nor the DIYers arriving for first aid either.

It's not bad diet causing the elderly services to be strained either.

I am not arguing diet doesn't need looking at but to say it is so important within the NHS seems to give it added importance it just doesn't warrant.
I think you will find that diet related problems outweigh all of the above by a long way.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 11:32 AM

I would be interested to see the figures.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

06-06-2015, 11:36 AM

Low and behold. Now look what I have found ...

Doctors call for new tax on sugary food and drinks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-33010375

Only a matter of time
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 11:41 AM

Yes Mark (in reply to your initial post) .. well said but by outlawing foods, drinks, fags etc. you will be adding to the already growing black market.
It could give rise to an enormous sub-culture/alternative lifestyle and, who knows, in time that might well take over.

A society divided ... yet again.

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I think you will find that diet related problems outweigh all of the above by a long way.
Is that a pun ? lol
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2015, 11:43 AM

I'll try not to think about all this when I'm having a pub lunch this afternoon
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-06-2015, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Low and behold. Now look what I have found ...

Doctors call for new tax on sugary food and drinks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-33010375

Only a matter of time
Yes sadly it will affect the poor and the better off will carry on regardless. It also doesn't address the addictive features of sugar. People will buy it and not the vegetables etc they would fare better on.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top