Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 01:00 PM

Re: Conservatives tearing themselves apart.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
And if they do destroy themselves UJ, just what does that leave us with a choice of? OMG ! Please, don't even say their name!!!
Hi

By the time we have the next General Election we will have both a new Prime Minister and will either be in or out of Europe.

If we are out and things have not gone well, with high inflation and soaring interest rates, they will be punished by the Electorate.

If we are out and the Right Wing take over, with idiots like Ian Duncan Smith spouting off that the Unemployed and the under 25's are to lose the vote and the Minimum Wage abolished, they will be punished.

If we are in and the right wing take over with a Radical PM spouting the same things, they will be punished.

The only win, win for the Tories is out with everything going smoothly.

If it is not the latter scenario, we do have a history of punishing the Government, a Labour Landslide with Corbyn, a Marxist a in charge?

Now that would demolish UK Plc.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
And if they do destroy themselves UJ, just what does that leave us with a choice of? OMG ! Please, don't even say their name!!!
OMG! Please ... no .. not the nasty snotbag party.
I can't think of anything worse for the country than Corbyn CrapMeister in charge.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 01:48 PM

SF is quite correct and that is the scary part!

Call Me Dave will be out anyway, no doubt off to a lucrative position within the EU, a chip off the old Blair block. The damage left behind by him though due to his cowardly non-negotiations with an organisation that beckons to him once out of office, was never on the cards. , How could it. Yet another betrayal by yet another British Prime Minister.

Forgive me for making this sound like a party political broadcast for the Out party but my personal feeling is that it's as if the people of this country have been thrown into a sack, swung around, and hurled to wherever the powers that be want us to land.

It is only because Call me Dave didn't for one moment assume that we would have the opportunity of voting in a referendum (thank you, thank you Nigel Farage )for scaring the life out of Dave at the elections, he made the mistake of having to make a promise to allow us a referendum if he won.

So we have just one opportunity, one little window, giving us the chance to climb out of that sack and fight back against this country being literally taken over by those that were never elected by us to govern on our behalf.

Until now, we have not been allowed any say in something that could effect the British people for the rest of their lives,that's what the IN crowd prefer, we are not important in the place of things as far as they are concerned.

Unelected suits in Brussels make the rules. We have to obey them, even if those rules are contrary to everything we believe in. Until now, we have had no-one to fight back on our behalf.They have only been interested in feathering their own nests.
It's enough to make one weep. It would be hard pressed to ever believe the saying that our government was put in place by the British people, by consent, not a right, as all they seemed to have done is betray us time after time.

So we all know now that the forthcoming vote is the only voice we will ever have of preventing the disaster that is currently taking place all over Europe, is looming over Britain, and will without fail, undoubtedly take place in this country too unless we stand up and say UP YOURS EU !!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 01:55 PM

I'm a referendum-sceptic; I don't think Joe Public can ever get sufficient information, sufficiently accurate and unbiased, to make a decision which is appropriate for themselves, for the country and the world.

Having said that, I am really interested to know what outcomes the outers a) want and b) seriously believe they will get, in the world of 2016 onwards, as it is - not the world of The Empire or the world of the 1950s and 60s viewed through rose-coloured spectacles?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 04:02 PM

I'm quite aware that there are people who believe that people like myself, who are proud of this country, proud of our democracy, proud of our history, believe that the way we look at what is happening to our lives today, we can only be looking through rose-tinted spectacles yearning back to the so-called glory days of the 50s'-60's?

If only that WAS the problem. Contrary to that belief, worries about whether I could afford that nice new Mary Quant dress, or whether that Blackpool cowboy hat would ruin my hair seemed to be the only worries I had then !

Without wanting in anyway to seem rude, one could be just as condescending about those who believe that the only way to remain safe and secure in this day is to tuck poor little Great Britain under the skirt folds of the mighty EU in order for us to survive.

Of course, the IN brigade have already conceded without our consent, our porous borders, most government policies, (they are after all, basically now just a sub office obeying slavishly ever diktat issued by the EU machine), our armed services will be next, they already have our agriculture and fisheries, and eventually, the final nail in the coffin - will be our economy if we vote to stay in - regardless of CMD's weasel words, you name it, it will no longer belong to the British people. If some are happy to see this happening, Euro's to them.

No, if one wants to think of times past, take me back to the 40's please when men and women fought and died to preserve the freedom's so easily being given away without a murmur by the treacherous politicians of today in power.

When did it become so scary for some to believe that this country is unable or incapable of governing itself and it's people as it has done down throughout the centuries? Why do some people believe that we have to hold onto the skirt tails of the EU to survive? Those that do so should do well to remember that we have stood alone more than once before and we are still here. If some would have their way though, it won't be long before we become Europe's peninsular!.

Also, only a fool would say that things will be easy if we vote to come out, but god willing, we will vote to come out and survive instead of sinking into the quagmire as the EU is doing. We are certainly big enough, strong enough and ugly enough to stand on our own two feet instead of being ruled by countries that we once saved from tyranny- only for they themselves to now commit the same sin against this country and it's people.

If that means looking at things through rose tinted spectacles, I'd better order a spare pair !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
We may end up with a Labour win at the next Election and a Marxist Prime Minister.
In all honesty I can't see Labour winning another election for a very long time.

The pig-troughing arrogance of Gordon Brown and the immeasurable damage he has done to the country's economy will take years to rebalance.

The lies, and incompetence of Blair, the leading of the UK into foreign wars and the awful outfall of that we are now only starting to truly see, and which will get a lot worse, will never be forgotten by the UK public. Neither will they ever accept gormless looking clowns like Milliband to run the country nor I would think shabby garden gnomes like Corbyn.

Labour is done, is washed-out, never to be trusted again.

So what will happen imo is what is happening in the US. The political rules are being changed. The 2 party traditional system is coming to an end, people have had enough of that manipulation. Trump is changing the game, redefining the rules and as a result things are changing.

I would think the same will happen here. Only the very dimmest of UK couch potatoes have not yet realised that this old system of Conservative or Labour is divisive, corrupt, meaningless and the cause of most of the UK's on-going problems. Who ever you vote for, the same agenda's will be perpetrated. ALL the politicians are just wanting to be on the gravy train and so once voted in will do whatever the rulers tell them to do which has ZERO to do with either Conservative or Labour values.

There is going to be a shift, and a very marked shift, towards different parties. Parties like UKIP, the BNP and others. The migrant crisis and impending civil unrest will see to this.

Most people have woken up to see the truth of how corrupt the whole voting system is and they aren't going to stand for it much longer.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

02-03-2016, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
In all honesty I can't see Labour winning another election for a very long time.

The pig-troughing arrogance of Gordon Brown and the immeasurable damage he has done to the country's economy will take years to rebalance.

The lies, and incompetence of Blair, the leading of the UK into foreign wars and the awful outfall of that we are now only starting to truly see, and which will get a lot worse, will never be forgotten by the UK public. Neither will they ever accept gormless looking clowns like Milliband to run the country nor I would think shabby garden gnomes like Corbyn.

Labour is done, is washed-out, never to be trusted again.

So what will happen imo is what is happening in the US. The political rules are being changed. The 2 party traditional system is coming to an end, people have had enough of that manipulation. Trump is changing the game, redefining the rules and as a result things are changing.

I would think the same will happen here. Only the very dimmest of UK couch potatoes have not yet realised that this old system of Conservative or Labour is divisive, corrupt, meaningless and the cause of most of the UK's on-going problems. Who ever you vote for, the same agenda's will be perpetrated. ALL the politicians are just wanting to be on the gravy train and so once voted in will do whatever the rulers tell them to do which has ZERO to do with either Conservative or Labour values.

There is going to be a shift, and a very marked shift, towards different parties. Parties like UKIP, the BNP and others. The migrant crisis and impending civil unrest will see to this.

Most people have woken up to see the truth of how corrupt the whole voting system is and they aren't going to stand for it much longer.

So true Realist! I have been following the saga of Tony Blair and the lead up to the Iraq War and can see that he must have been quite insane !! How in god's name did the man get away with what he did without someone, anyone, in the New Labour government out him as not being fit to be in office? if just one politician had had the courage to stand up to him, our beautiful, brave armed service personnel would never have needed to be sacrificed for the sake of his vanity. All those innocent Iraqi's slaughtered so he could act like the saviour of the Middle east.

Following him of course we had Gordon Brown,the idiot who practically gave away our Gold, robbed our pensions and called us Racists if we so much as mentioned the word Immigrants.

Then we had Millipede, Grommits doppleganger. I don't even wish to talk about him. It's too embarrassing.

And now they have Jeremy............................

Thank god they will never get in, in my lifetime anyway.

Both Tories and Labour were given their chance to do good and both parties have treated the electorate with contempt.
It is definitely as you say, time for a new Party, new thinking.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 05:16 PM

Hi

I quite like the Swiss Political System.

Lots of Referendums to ask the people what they really want.

They don't seem to be doing too badly out of it either.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top