Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 10:28 AM

The Financial Failings of the SNP

Hi

So much for the SNP and it's Financial Management.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-35757787

Some very embarrassing facts for SNP supporters there.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 10:38 AM

Re: The Financial Failings of the SNP

I suppose Westminster ( us) will bail them out.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 11:13 AM

Change the record puleeeze...Yer needle's stuck.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Change the record puleeeze...Yer needle's stuck.
Hi

Uncomfortable facts, but no reasoned response.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Uncomfortable facts, but no reasoned response.
I have absolutely no intentions of even trying to explain the finances of the SNP....simply because I haven't a clue about them....And of course I could trawl through the net to see derogatory stories about the UK tory governments financial failings..lol..but I just can't be arsed....Have a nice day.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 11:44 AM

Umm I wonder if they would have been better off if we hadn't taken the oil ? It never seemed Scotland benefitted from that as much as they should have done.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 12:47 PM

I'm the same, I don't keep up to date with regards to the Scottish Economy to discuss the finances but I can't help feeling sorry for all those oil workers on the rigs up there, plus many businesses associated with the Oil industry that have recently lost their jobs due to the collapse in oil prices. One can only imagine earning excellent wages to then suddenly have no money coming into the household.

I know many will probably think about the recent North/South divide and the bile that was spewed by both sides during the Scottish Referendum, but if, like me, you were willing the Scottish to vote to remain part of the Union, then yes, the Government will, and should shoulder some of the financial pain that goes along with Scotland choosing to remain part of the UK by using taxpayers money to assist when the doodah hit the fan in Scotland

We can't have it both ways. We are all UK citizens or we're not. Scottish people are. Simple as that. My heart goes out to those workers.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 07:13 PM

I don't know where people get the idea the the oil belongs to Scotland it is in the North Sea. They have had much of the benefit especially with jobs and the oil companies basing themselves in Aberdeen. Plus it was the UK and the oil companies who financed the exploration at a time when little was known of deep sea wells.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 07:25 PM

We didn't take the oil, Thatcher sold it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

10-03-2016, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
We didn't take the oil, Thatcher sold it.
Hi

I think that it would be more accurate to say every Government has sold it and spent the money on bribing the electorate.

Norway did not do that, they stashed the money away and have a massive Sovereign Wealth Fund.

Norway has $882 Billion in the bank, pity we did not do the same.

We are now paying for years of spend, spend, spend.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top