Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 01:04 PM

Re: The Budget

Originally Posted by Meg ->

So many generalisations about people of whom you know nothing, so much bitterness. Maybe you should try speaking for yourself not others for once.
Well said Meg.....so much bitterness and hatred

Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 01:30 PM

It's obvious this was done to sway voters in the referendum,
I think after the vote and result it will be changed to a tax on the rich.
Who said pigs might fly.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ae2455bc-e...#axzz43IBRauzr
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 10:22 PM

Whoop!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35848687
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Whoop!

Well that bit of news will please UJ no end I shouldn't wonder. Not such a `barsteward` after all if he's resigned on a principle.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 10:41 PM

They are falling to pieces!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2016, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Whoop!
Hi

Iain Duncan Smith has gone up several notches in my estimation because of his resignation.

There will now either have to be an equivalent amount of cuts in other budgets or tax increases to compensate.

I can afford to pay more tax, it won't kill me.

As long as my tax is going to those genuinely disabled and unable to work, I do not mind.

I begrudge every penny which goes to those who can work but who do not.

An excerpt from his letter.

"You are aware that I believe the cuts would have been even fairer to younger families and people of working age if we had been willing to reduce some of the benefits given to better-off pensioners but I have attempted to work within the constraints that you and the chancellor set."

I can agree with that.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Iain Duncan Smith has gone up several notches in my estimation because of his resignation.

There will now either have to be an equivalent amount of cuts in other budgets or tax increases to compensate.

I can afford to pay more tax, it won't kill me.

As long as my tax is going to those genuinely disabled and unable to work, I do not mind.

I begrudge every penny which goes to those who can work but who do not.

An excerpt from his letter.

"You are aware that I believe the cuts would have been even fairer to younger families and people of working age if we had been willing to reduce some of the benefits given to better-off pensioners but I have attempted to work within the constraints that you and the chancellor set."

I can agree with that.

So he was still prepared to cut people's benefits, just a different set of people. Still a 'nasty party' scumbag!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 09:58 AM

Hi

UJ, Benefits are not magic, the money does not appear out of thin air, they have to be paid for.

That was the Blair and Brown legacy, borrowing money to pay the bills, it could not go on for ever.

We are now paying the price.

As I have said before, it should not be just about cuts, I am quite happy to pay more tax for those genuinely in need.

What I am not prepared to pay more tax for is the fit, healthy who refuse to work and people like the single Mum, with 8 kids, recently spouting off about her Benefits and saying that it is her right to have as many kids as she wants.

It is her right, however it is also her responsibility to pay for them.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 10:22 AM

Good post Swim, I second that!
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 11:25 AM

Does anyone really believe he went because he didn't agree with more benefit cuts? How gullible can you get?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top