Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 06:34 PM

Re: Ex Pat what could happen on EU exit

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
We've been here for 16 years. We don't know anyone who wants to go back either. On Friday a friend and I were talking to a couple from Scotland, the husband had us in stitches, he said if he was told he had to go back, he'd go on the run, he knew a good cave he could hide in
It's just scare tactics by most. Not sure if you know Elle Draper on Spain Buddy post sensible advice. Not going to UK too cold x
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
[/B]

As long as its not mine. off to rebuild the wall.
I think you'll be safe Nom, there are lots of caves over here, a lot of people live in cave houses, very nice they are too.

Perhaps you'd like one of these.

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/s...g&action=click
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 07:33 PM

Hi

Brexit will affect UK Citizens living in the EU, particularly pensioners.

The UK Pensions are paid in £, which is sinking like a stone, so a considerable loss in income.

The UK State Pension is also index linked for UK Pensioners in the EU, but not elsewhere.

There will have to be a change in the law to continue that, otherwise it will be frozen.

There will also have to be new arrangements for medical insurance.

It will all depend on the Government in power at the actual date that we leave.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I agree. It's a shame both sides had to resort to point scoring x I have seen no sensible debate so far and reading the Daily Fail only give scare tactics
Shame on a serious discussion you have to state the name of the Daily Mail as the daily FAIL

And you then use the term no sensible debate so far.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
[/B]

As long as its not mine. off to rebuild the wall.
All opinions welcome x
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 08:08 PM

There has been a great deal of speculation about this; some of it quite worrying.

I don't claim to know all the ins and outs, but one thing that occurs to me is that Spain and other EU countries are likely to welcome the retention of anyone who has enough money to support themselves and, thus, contribute to their national economy!
Goldielocks
Spain

03-04-2016, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
There has been a great deal of speculation about this; some of it quite worrying.

I don't claim to know all the ins and outs, but one thing that occurs to me is that Spain and other EU countries are likely to welcome the retention of anyone who has enough money to support themselves and, thus, contribute to their national economy!
Hi I am not rich only got my money through working in the UK. Good old health service took early retirement. We moved to Spain to live in warmer climes and lead a better quality of life.

There definitely is not information for folk to get an informed opinion. x
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 08:38 PM

Hi I am not rich only got my money through working in the UK. Good old health service took early retirement. We moved to Spain to live in warmer climes and lead a better quality of life.

You lead a better life because of warmer climes?????????
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 08:49 PM

The point I was trying to make is that British ex-pats, in the main, emigrate to Spain (and elsewhere) with the wherewithall to support themselves.

Foreigners who immigrate to the UK, in the main, arrive with the intention of obtaining all the hand-outs they can get.

I can't see our glorious government kicking them out after Brexit. Why should Spain kick out British ex-pats?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Hi

However we don't, one of the main arguments for Brexit is the number of EU Nationals living in the UK and the pressure they put on services.

The value of the £ against the Euro has sunk significantly over the last five months, equivalent to a 10% drop in income for non working Ex Pats.

Last November I got 6.08 Zloty to the £, a week ago it was 5.42, yesterday, 5.21, not very attractive.

The other side of the coin however is this.

Whilst the EU is becoming less attractive to UK Pensioners, the UK is becoming less attractive to EU workers, many of whom send money back to their home countries.

There will be a readjustment, more UK Pensioners returning from the EU, but more younger EU workers leaving the UK.

The other issue will be reciprocal taxation agreements.

Once we leave the EU, they fail, so UK Pensioners will have to pay tax in EU Countries where the tax system does not have the same tax free allowances as the UK.

The effects of this are unknown, it will all depend on how effective our negotiating team are when we leave.

Poland, for example, is very keen on the reciprocal tax situation being abolished completely, there are many small Polish Businesses registered in the UK purely for tax purposes.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top