Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 01:57 PM

Re: Blatant EU bias

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
This information isn't sent out on behalf of the Conservative Party but on behalf of the leave campaign. Which includes Labour, Liberal SNP UKIP and anyone else who supports the leave campaign.
If this leaflet is published on behalf of the leave campaign, I think they've got their wires crossed. The impression I get from it is that if we leave the world will stop revolving!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, my copy of the infamous document has arrived!

I thought that, before posting it back to them (Freepost, as suggested) I'd give it a read and found it littered with half-truths, assumptions and statements aimed to scare the intellectually-challenged into believing their assertions.

My favourite section, printed in emboldened lettering, is this, quoted verbatim:

No other country has managed to secure significant access to the Single Market, without having to:

- follow EU rules over which they have no real say

- pay into the EU

- accept EU citizens living and working in their country

Perhaps I have completely misunderstood what has been happening since that fateful day when we became part of the Economic Union. Taking each statement in turn:

- I believe that we already follow EU rules and appear to accept them without question;

- I can't believe that these people have announced that we don't have to pay into the EU coffers;

- as I understand it, EU citizens have a right to live and work in the UK just as (as stated elsewhere in the document*) we British have the right to live and work in other EU countries.

*direct quote: EU membership means you and your family have the right to live, work or study abroad in any of the other 27 other member countries.

Unless I am very much mistaken, the above extract is nothing less than an absolute lie. I'd love to see some national press or TV journalist publicly put this very same question to Dopey Dave.
Hi

No it is not an absolute lie, it is fact.

Both Norway and Switzerland have to accept both EU Regulations and unlimited EU Workers access to their Countries.

The Out Campaign are just lying to suggest otherwise.

Naff all will change in that respect in or out of the EU.

We need to change ourselves to make a difference.

Border Control.

I last worked directly in it over 30 years ago.

Nothing got in without being opened and checked, illegals had to remain in the secure area and be put back on the ship.

If the ship refused to accept them, it was impounded, refused permission to leave, cost the owners a fortune, so no problem.

We now accept them and release them, never to be found again.

Naff all to do with the EU, our own stupid decision.

Both Germany and France refuse point blank to pay Child Benefits to children not living with their parents in the country.

Absolutely permisable under EU Law, we do, what a nonsense.

I will repeat myself yet again.

Every other EU Country is in the EU for what they can get out of it, we are the exception.

We could make the EU work to our benefit, we choose not to.

My preferred option is to remain in the EU and make it work for us.

We do not have the Political will to make that happen, we are very badly let down by our Politicians.

The EU is currently run to the benefit of Germany, France and the biggest tax Haven in the world, Luxembourg.

Nothing will change, in or out, until we have the Politicians prepared to make it happen.

We don't.

I will repeat my reasons for voting for out.

The Ukraine, Turkey and Merkel.

Unless and until we sort these out, I am voting for Brexit, much to my children's disgust, but such is life.

The Ukraine is totally corrupt, run by ex Communists, Turkey is run by a misogynist Dictator who funds terrorists and Merkel took a unilateral decision to open the doors to millions of Economic Migrants, not genuine Refugees, and now expects us all to pay for them.

No thanks, out we go, whatever the cost.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No it is not an absolute lie, it is fact.

Both Norway and Switzerland have to accept both EU Regulations and unlimited EU Workers access to their Countries.
Are we reading the same document? This is the one published by Dopey trying to persuade us to stay in the EU.

Edit: Yes I see what you mean. I read it that DC was suggesting that, because of his 'successful negotiations', if we remain in we would not have to follow EU rules, pay into the EU and accept EU citizens living and working here.

I confess that I did misread it, especially looking at the heading at the top of the page. Sorry!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 05:39 PM

Just posted my bit of propaganda back to them, with a derisory comment scribbled on the front of it
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If this leaflet is published on behalf of the leave campaign, I think they've got their wires crossed. The impression I get from it is that if we leave the world will stop revolving!
Sorry mental aberration. I meant to say the remain campaign.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Sorry mental aberration. I meant to say the remain campaign.

Ah! now it makes sense!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-04-2016, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Ah! now it makes sense!
Yes it does.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-04-2016, 11:26 AM

Sending back my copy of Dave's propaganda today.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160413_001628.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	685  

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top