Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 10:36 AM

Re: EU should interfere less

It will hurt Eu when/if we stop paying in so much too because not many countries they have allowed to join could match our payments.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The thing is, people of a certain age can see that we need to leave but the younger generations will go along with what they are told. They will believe CaMoron's rhetorical ramblings and are quite happy to let the EU interfere with their daily lives. It saves them having to think for themselves.
And what they don't seem to realise is that they, more than we ancient decrepit people, are going to suffer if we remain in.

If the vote goes for 'IN', I can foresee some very red faces and some very worried consciences when they grow older.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And what they don't seem to realise is that they, more than we ancient decrepit people, are going to suffer if we remain in.

If the vote goes for 'IN', I can foresee some very red faces and some very worried consciences when they grow older.
I for foresee civil unrest if we stay in I think it could be as bad as that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
The young know the world is a very different place than it was 40 years ago, before they were born. They think globally and dismiss the 'old fogey' ideas of 'Land of Hope and Glory'. The world is their oyster and they won't countenance being shut out of it and confined to an off-shore island with no influence and no friends, subject to the patronage of conglomerates
It seems to me that Britain has always suffered the most through joining the EU. Since all the poor cr*ppy Countries have joined particularly.

So we could end up an off-shore island with no friends? No change then.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

20-04-2016, 01:39 PM

Did anyone watch the two part documentary about the Eu and us last two weeks ? Very eye opening we begged to be allowed in ! Begged ! Deals behind closed doors, treachery and no one it seemed thinking of us just their own political jobs and how much money businesses could make, oddly many of those businesses owned or directed by the people taking us in it looked to me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2016, 02:08 PM

Hi

What makes me laugh more than anything, is that the two biggest Corbyn supporters on here are both Outers.

They are siding with the Right Wingers, the Boris Johnson's of this world, the Gove's.

Absolutely hilarious.

UJ and Julie supporting the right wingers and admitting that they are right.

What a turn up for the books.

No more Nasty Party threads, voting Conservative.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

20-04-2016, 02:12 PM

What has left or right got to do with Europe ? It's about what is right for the country only an idiot would vote on party lines about that.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What makes me laugh more than anything, is that the two biggest Corbyn supporters on here are both Outers.

They are siding with the Right Wingers, the Boris Johnson's of this world, the Gove's.

Absolutely hilarious.

UJ and Julie supporting the right wingers and admitting that they are right.

What a turn up for the books.

No more Nasty Party threads, voting Conservative.

I was an 'outer' long before either johnson or Gove became politicians. I opposed Heath taking us into the Common Market, I voted 'NO' when Wilson gave us a referedum vote in 1975, and I have remained opposed to the EU subsequently, so at least I am consistent in my opposition, something that neither Johnson or Gove can justify since they probably voted 'yes' to adopt the Maastricht treaty under Major's premiership. How many others can say the same???

And whilst we're on the subject, I deplore the fact that the Brexit organisations have invited Marie Le Penn to come and speak - she is an out and out fascist and I want nothing to do with either her or the Brexit organisations and if they come knocking my door, I will let them know in no uncertain terms what I think of them!!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There were some Italian people being interviewed on radio 4 yesterday, it seems many Italians are fed up with the EU too and feel they have been let down with regard to coping with the influx of migrants.
They are watching our referendum very closely.

It was also mentioned that the 'far right' are waiting in the wings in Italy and could make a significant comeback if things don't change . I think that is so in Germany and France and too and that is something which should not be ignored.
I fear Europe is going to become a very different place in the next few years.
Very true Meg, I also heard a report that people from the Netherlands are keeping a close eye on what happens in Britain, because they are thinking about leaving the EU too.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2016, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Very true Meg, I also heard a report that people from the Netherlands are keeping a close eye on what happens in Britain, because they are thinking about leaving the EU too.
Hi

The Netherlands have just had a Referendum, which voted to keep the Ukraine out of the EU.

Very sensible.

I will however continue to bang my drum.

The vast majority of our problems with the EU are entirely of our own making.

An example, the EU introduced a Directive about Unpasteurised cheese, a very sensible one, to prevent listeria infections.

I have no issues with that at all, a very sensible Public Health measure.

Here in the UK we charged a fortune to every producer to get registered and then charge them for annual inspections and testing.

The French?, who have 700 more producers than we have, just registered them for free automatically, no great shakes, they, like us, know who they are.

They do not charge for Inspections and testing, they, like us, were doing them for free.

We now charge.

Who are the idiots?

Us or the French?

We need a change of mindset here in the UK, we should, like other EU Countries, be supporting Industry, not destroying it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top