Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 08:55 AM

Well that woke us all up !

Grace went into the shower, enjoying it she was singing away, then scream scream scream, hells bells what's happened ? Dashed in a limpy struggly way along to the bath room to find a man leaning in the window shhhing her !

We are on first floor so rarely close bathroom window when showering to let the steam out. But this morning they've put scaffolding up no warning and we have men outside and in this case leaning in the window.

I know they have to do work on the building but a bit of notice would have been nice or at least don't lean in my window !

Grace is ok now but she got hell of a fright. She's at the age she wants a bit of privacy in the bathroom not a strange man looking at her.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 09:00 AM

Re: Well that woke us all up !

That's dreadful Julie.
They must have got to work bloomin' early if they managed to erect scaffolding already this morning?

Anyway, what on earth was he doing leaning in the window? He has no right to do that!
Are you sure he was a workman even?

What would also worry me is - if he can get in from the scaffolding, so can burglars!
Is your window big enough to climb through?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 09:02 AM

This should be reported what a weirdo .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 09:05 AM

Mmm , I wouldn't be happy about that either , to lean into a bathroom window where he would have seen the steam coming through the window he would have known a young girl was in there as she was singing , I think I would have words with him or his superiors .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 09:15 AM

I would definitely take this matter further!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 09:17 AM

Yes you are right I am going to have a word about at least getting her an apology and making the scaffold safe from burglars, as all our windows are big enough to get into. I admit we aren't great at security being on first floor we've got a big slap dash about shutting Windows, I don't even know where the keys are these days to lock them.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 09:49 AM

That is so awful for Grace Julie. What on earth was he doing leaning in the window and then telling her to sush when she started screaming.

Definitely needs reporting
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 10:13 AM

Strange that you never heard the scaffolding being erected hmm!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 10:17 AM

I thought, residents were usually informed of any work to be carried out on the property they live in?

That was an awful fright for Grace.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 10:19 AM

Definitely well out of order and needs reporting. Didn't you hear any noise from scaffolding being put up Julie? There's normally a lot of clanking and banging when scaffolding is being erected. What a shame Grace didn't aim the showerhead towards the man's face !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top