Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 09:03 PM

Re: Brexit Nailed by the Aussies.

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
No we don't agree because you confuse those with a 'community of descent' from a shared nationality.

It matters not tbh because few people can truly agree an the quirks and vagaries of defining Ethnicity, Race and Nationality.
One thing we can agree on is that a national mindset can bridge the different racial and ethnic peoples within a country and create a national identity that is different from another nation's , even one with the same racial mix and 'community of descent'.

As for the OTHER issue. You have proved yourself to a weasel despite my patience. All my posts are there for you to peruse and despite you having done so you are not able to back up your slanderous claim that I am a member or even a sympathiser of the BNP.........

In this country to call someone a fascist is a highly distasteful act and you should have pretty damning evidence if you are going down that path.
I accept that in France and Holland, where Nazi sympathising has been a feature of political life since the mid 1930's, here in the UK it is different.
We have a proud history of fighting and defeating fascism. I personally used to travel over to London and Bristol in my youth to take part in Anti Nazi League marches, especially if there was an accompanying concert as was often the case.

That's me taking to the streets to fight Nazism.
That's my ancestors taking up arms to fight Nazism.

Maybe your ancestors were some of those famous Dutch collaboraters we have heard so much about..............Maybe your father was a Nazi occupier that your mother became friendly with.
Seems to me you have much to make reparations for.

Is that where your guilted defence of all things EU stems from?

I wish I'd said that!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I wish I'd said that!
And he wonders why we want to Leave the EU, lol !

Funny how he thought it clever to call me a fascist but didn't like me calling out his fascist ancestors' traitorous actions.
I noticed he didn't deny anything !!!

Makes you wonder what else he has to hide !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
And he wonders why we want to Leave the EU, lol !

Funny how he thought it clever to call me a fascist but didn't like me calling out his fascist ancestors' traitorous actions.
I noticed he didn't deny anything !!!

Makes you wonder what else he has to hide !
These people are just poor losers who are desperately trying to overturn the democratic decision to leave the EU.

They are copying and disseminating all the usual Project Fear warnings and threats and, to be honest, are just becoming boring. They have nothing new to add; just repetitions.

For those reasons, I have decided there is no point in my participating in their discussions.

I still visit the Brexit threads in case something new arises, but I'm sure that will not involve the boring remainiacs.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
These people are just poor losers who are desperately trying to overturn the democratic decision to leave the EU.

They are copying and disseminating all the usual Project Fear warnings and threats and, to be honest, are just becoming boring. They have nothing new to add; just repetitions.

For those reasons, I have decided there is no point in my participating in their discussions.

I still visit the Brexit threads in case something new arises, but I'm sure that will not involve the boring remainiacs.
Anna Soubry was called a Nazi by protesters outside parliament.

I notice she didn't feel the need to deny those claims.

She simply made the point that it was an offensive remark and totaly out of order.

Solasch take note!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 03:08 AM

This is an opinion piece about Peta Credlin who's TV talk started this thread.

What better example is there that the Liberal party must split than the proposed nomination of Peta Credlin for the seat of Mallee.

If, as Credlin says, “climate change remains Malcolm Turnbull’s kryptonite”, then her preselection could just be the Liberal party’s dynamite. The split already exists, but for now, it’s being held together with sticky tape and string. And Credlin’s preselection could well be the spark that lights the fuse, and blows the whole thing up.

The Liberal party is suffering an existential crisis. And no other issue defines this crisis like the looming threat to our safety and security caused by inaction on climate change. Credlin understands this and has used her position as a climate change-denying, hard-right mouthpiece of the Murdoch empire to advance her own political interests, and the interests of the coal industry.
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-liberal-party

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top