Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 06:55 PM

Re: EU annoyed me again

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Would anyone like me to put up a picture of my back passage?

Urm, NO!! seeing as it takes 2 or 3 flushes to get rid of what comes out of it
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Get over it, it will not change even when we leave the EU.

It was pushed for by the UK, and with good reason.
That's exactly what I was going to say. We would have done this whether or not we were in the EU. There were lots of people here against the privacy infringements. It does feel like censorship but really I am losing patience with a lot of news and information sites because they are taking forever to load due to the number of crappy ads.

I find it really annoying. Every site asks for your agreement to data mining and you have to go into preferences to untick and save in order to view the site. I hope someone comes up with a way to set this as a google preference so that you don't have to keep clicking the "off" buttons.

It's up to individual sites to decide how they comply with GDPR and if they are taking the lazy route then stuff em because life is too short to worry about it.

If as Judd says that there is a way to fool the system then that's the way people will go. There's always a way around things, but I reckon that if anyone will be stopping us from accessing internet content it will be our own lot.

There has been massive net content restriction in the last few years with security being the excuse. I am more annoyed that so many libraries have closed. It feels like access to knowledge is being deliberately stifled.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I find it really annoying. Every site asks for your agreement to data mining and you have to go into preferences to untick and save in order to view the site. I hope someone comes up with a way to set this as a google preference so that you don't have to keep clicking the "off" buttons.
Annie, as I have recommended many many times on this forum, the best way to surf the internet is with JAVASCRIPT DISABLED. It removes all the annoying Ads and flashing banners and all the pop up screens.

The latter is the most useful.

In terms of GDPR stuff, web designers have predictably used JavaScript to code their pop up screens that ask you to provide permission for data mining etc.

Thus if you disable JavaScript in your browser, those popups will not appear and you will find that many (most) websites can be used without having to confirm anything.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Annie, as I have recommended many many times on this forum, the best way to surf the internet is with JAVASCRIPT DISABLED. It removes all the annoying Ads and flashing banners and all the pop up screens.

The latter is the most useful.

In terms of GDPR stuff, web designers have predictably used JavaScript to code their pop up screens that ask you to provide permission for data mining etc.

Thus if you disable JavaScript in your browser, those popups will not appear and you will find that many (most) websites can be used without having to confirm anything.
I have the NoScript add-on in Firefox for that very reason.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top