Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 12:29 AM

Re: Be Bold - Brexit Must Unleash Our Economy To Boom.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well funnily enough it you check the facts our economic growth has been on the up and up since a few years after we joined the EU. Our trade with the EU has greatly enriched Britain. Being part of a massive economic community has great benefits for growth and wealth. Pulling out of that people are coming out with "rabbit out of hat" ideas to try to replace that wealth.

I didn't ask that ... I asked where wealth creation comes from.

I don't seem to recall our economic growth doing very well under Blair though ...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I didn't ask that ... I asked where wealth creation comes from.

I don't seem to recall our economic growth doing very well under Blair though ...
As we are a trading nation, wealth creation comes from economic growth as a result of trade with other countries and good financial management of that wealth. Financial management includes charging a reasonable amount of tax so that we can invest in our infrastructure and population.

I don't know why you mentioned Blair?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
As we are a trading nation, wealth creation comes from economic growth as a result of trade with other countries and good financial management of that wealth. Financial management includes charging a reasonable amount of tax so that we can invest in our infrastructure and population.

I don't know why you mentioned Blair?

It also comes from foreign investment ...

Business pays for everything
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 01:38 AM

It also comes from foreign investment ...

Business pays for everything
Yeah well you don't just lie back and think of England and let the foreign investors take what they like. We need tax revenue. We have a population which is slightly larger than 5 million....

Of course we have had lots of foreign investment because we provided a good framework and easy access to the rest of the EU. A no deal brexit isn't going to get investors lining up.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 03:08 AM

The EU doesn't have a FTA with the USA it doesn't need us to leave to create one.

Besides we cannot make any trade deals while we are a member state we need to leave first then implement.
Hi

I am aware that the USA does not have a Trade Deal with the EU.

They still have a right to object to our published Trade Schedules, as does every other WTO Member.

They have exercised that right, as have other Countries.

We can make as many Trade Deals as we want ready for leaving day, they come into force on the day we leave.

The EU are not obstructing us in this, quite the opposite, they have published their amended Schedules to mirror ours for all the existing trade deals we have as part of the EU.

The WTO is not very fast in resolving issues, this has been with them since October 16th last year.

You would have known this if you had done a modicum of research.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-01-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am aware that the USA does not have a Trade Deal with the EU.

They still have a right to object to our published Trade Schedules, as does every other WTO Member.

They have exercised that right, as have other Countries.

We can make as many Trade Deals as we want ready for leaving day, they come into force on the day we leave.

The EU are not obstructing us in this, quite the opposite, they have published their amended Schedules to mirror ours for all the existing trade deals we have as part of the EU.

The WTO is not very fast in resolving issues, this has been with them since October 16th last year.

You would have known this if you had done a modicum of research.
There is nothing wrong with my research - you are agreeing in the main with what I have been saying.

In future I suggest you read the posts properly.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top