Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:38 AM

Re: Can the self servers stop a no deal brexit ?

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Betrayal of all parties Julie, Labours policy is not to co-operate with any sort of brexit proposal at all, in spite of most of their constituencies voting leave. They actually policy is to stay in the customs union and single market, which equates to no brexit at all.... or have I missed something?
Absolutely Barry I couldn't agree more. I've said so many times this wasn't a party political question it should never have been made so and a cross party group pro brexit should have been created to deal with it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Absolutely Barry I couldn't agree more. I've said so many times this wasn't a party political question it should never have been made so and a cross party group pro brexit should have been created to deal with it.
So you agree that we have been let down by all parties, but in your previous post you wrote " I hope I really hope the country remembers this betrayal by the tories."

Rather contradictory?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 12:03 PM

So you agree that we have been let down by all parties, but in your previous post you wrote " I hope I really hope the country remembers this betrayal by the tories."

Rather contradictory?
No the betrayal IMO was they wouldn't share the problem didn't want to be inclusive to other parties. If they knew how important this was they should have said it's too much for one party to do we need help of all parties. But the arrogance was they didn't want to do it thought they could do it their selves.

I don't see that as contradictory.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 12:19 PM

No the betrayal IMO was they wouldn't share the problem didn't want to be inclusive to other parties. If they knew how important this was they should have said it's too much for one party to do we need help of all parties. But the arrogance was they didn't want to do it thought they could do it their selves.

I don't see that as contradictory.
The other parties never wanted to agree, they have never offered anything constructive and never will, regardless of what is offered. Most of them just want to dump brexit, and by wanting that have done all that they could not to be constructive so that the government takes all the blame for the failure. I'm just amazed that so many can't see that..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-01-2019, 12:23 PM

The other parties never wanted to agree, they have never offered anything constructive and never will, regardless of what is offered. Most of them just want to dump brexit, and by wanting that have done all that they could not to be constructive so that the government takes all the blame for the failure. I'm just amazed that so many can't see that..
Well many of them did have things to offer and waited for the call, when nothing came they contacted TM she ignored them didn't even respond to letters. How that made it their fault I fail to see.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 01:10 PM

A no deal is self serving for those posh boys who play moneymarkets. No names mentioned of course.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 01:34 PM

I'm so ashamed of our politicians. The EU set out to make us suffer for daring to leave and the self serving idiots have walked right into their trap. What must the people of this country be thinking two and a half years after they voted for Brexit? what must the rest of the world that we hope to make deals with after we leave, think of a once respected, responsible British Parliament, for the past two and a half years, instead, acting like schoolchildren instead of respected MP's charged by the people to carry out their wishes.

We are a laughing stock, deservedly so.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 01:42 PM

Well many of them did have things to offer and waited for the call, when nothing came they contacted TM she ignored them didn't even respond to letters. How that made it their fault I fail to see.
This is hogwash Julie and you know it. You're just trotting out sound bites that you have heard on the TV/radio.

MANY Looney Labour representatives have been interviewed, given TV/radio airtime and were all asked, what are you plans, what would you do, what do you want to see happen and every one of them has waffled through without offering anything.

Labour have NO PLANS. They have NO IDEAS. They have nothing, either now or 2 years ago.

All they have done is said they want everything that isn't achievable and "left all options open" so as not to alienate the voting public.

They want free trading without being in the EU, simply not possible

They want to be in a Customs Union with the EU but not the EU Customs Union, simply not possible

They want all the benefits of being in the EU whilst being out of the EU, just pure fluffy unicorn fantasy

They won't rule out a 2nd referendum, which is thoroughly anti democratic, because they don't want to alienate Remainers.

Labour are a spent force. They literally have nothing whatsoever to add to the BrExit situation so they just carry on jumping on the band wagon, as they always do, to try and use the situation to their own ends for votes to get to No 10.

They are duplicitous, despicable idiots.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I'm so ashamed of our politicians. The EU set out to make us suffer for daring to leave and the self serving idiots have walked right into their trap.
They are NOT self serving idiots.

They serve the EU.

They work for the EU not for the UK and its people

They are owned by the EU

To expect anything other than what we are seeing is imo lunacy.

We have to rid our country of these stooges if we are to regain our core freedoms and long hard fought for constitutional principles.

We have to stop voting for Tories and Labour and insist on a referendum style of politics where the voters don't have to be concerned with who undertakes the political roles and where they get to vote in referendums on all major issues.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 02:05 PM

What you are basically saying Realist, is that we need a completely new English, Brexit supporting political Party. Who would you have leading such a party? I cannot honestly think of one single politician that would live up to the people's standard of acting on behalf of the people. Perhaps Nigel Farage comes to mind, but there are too many people who voted remain, that class him as racist because it suits their agenda.

Where is the person waiting in the wings, that will step forward and brush us down, pick us up, turn to the hated EU and say. This is how it will be!! I'm afraid he or she simply does not exist.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top