Join for free
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 12:08 PM

Dominic Grieve

Just listened to DG on TV. What a complete Pratt, he epitomises
almost all of the mop' s, totaly full of themselves,and overbearing.
Most of them are in a total panic about leaving, and they have
spent almost 3 years spreading room & gloom about it.
they now actually believe it themselves and are in a state of
hysteria,which has now spread to the remain voters, and probably
some leavers too, this is called mass hysteria and is very
infectious,we are now entering very unpredictable times as is quite
evident.
They are presently in a paddy about TMs criticism of them, which l
think is accurate,and are now creating a huge furore about it thus
diverting attention away from the main issue. DG is a disgrace,
he prof esses to respect the vote, and democracy, but proceeds
to use all means at his disposal to thwart a democratic
decision he does not like.
He says he speaks for the people without asking what they think.
He castigates TM for acting like him.
What a useless Pratt
WABFU,. Donkeyman.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 12:19 PM

Re: Dominic Grieve

DG certainly comes across to me as being full of self importance .

He is part French and president of the Franco-British Society which may go some way to explaining his strong wish to remain in the EU.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 12:38 PM

DG is a nasty prat. We can tell by the way he walks. (joking)

He has been one of the main anti Brexiteers to push for Remaining in the EU. He never sided with the democratic vote.
Mrs May getting all the bad press, but she has kept the likes of these crocodiles at bay.
They have put us in this position, trying to play the smart arse, cunning, back stabbing , cheating, card.
Along with Bercow and his amendments , all in favour of putting a spanner in the works against leaving.. they've just backfired a bit.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 12:50 PM

I've seen him on TV a few times recently

A nauseating pillock is about the politest description I can come up with

But, you might ask, why is he invited to spout his anti - democratic bile on TV anyway?
Well, it is the Biased Broadcasting Corporation after all
And Sky isn't any better
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 01:42 PM

I disagree.

Like Bercow and many others in the HOC, Grieve is understandably exasperated by the stand taken by the PM, namely "My way or the highway". You cannot run a representative democracy in that way.

Members of Parliament have simply not been allowed to discuss ("parliament" is from parley - to talk) any positive alternatives to May's treaty-plan - a plan so awful that both Brexiteers and Remainers both loathe it.

MPs are in the HOC to initiate, debate & pass legislation; they are NOT there to simply have the government front-bench limit their options OR to rubber-stamp the outcome of referenda.

This is how the UK is governed - whether we like it or not. And if you don't like it, what on earth did "Taking back control" ever actually mean? It can't have meant giving back control to a UK parliament as traditionally conceived.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
I disagree.

Like Bercow and many others in the HOC, Grieve is understandably exasperated by the stand taken by the PM, namely "My way or the highway". You cannot run a representative democracy in that way.

Members of Parliament have simply not been allowed to discuss ("parliament" is from parley - to talk) any positive alternatives to May's treaty-plan - a plan so awful that both Brexiteers and Remainers both loathe it.

MPs are in the HOC to initiate, debate & pass legislation; they are NOT there to simply have the government front-bench limit their options OR to rubber-stamp the outcome of referenda.

This is how the UK is governed - whether we like it or not. And if you don't like it, what on earth did "Taking back control" ever actually mean? It can't have meant giving back control to a UK parliament as traditionally conceived.
Whilst l respect your opinion OF, to use a phrase much used by
MPs,and l am sure your history and explanation of hoc etiquette
and rules is guided by personal experience, and is accurate.
However, the display we are being treated to now in hoc reveals a
fault in that system,which is manifested by the undisputed fact
that 90% of MPs are not representing their constituencies.
Surely the system does not allow this, does it ?
Best regards .Donkeyman.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
DG certainly comes across to me as being full of self importance .

He is part French and president of the Franco-British Society which may go some way to explaining his strong wish to remain in the EU.

Most of us are part French, never heard of 1066?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 05:28 PM

Dominic Grieve is a vile, arrogant, self-important, overbearing,egotistic, up-his-own-a..s individual.He epitomizes everything about the entitled elite.

Anything that upsets him is perfectly fine with me.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Dominic Grieve is a vile, arrogant, self-important, overbearing,egotistic, up-his-own-a..s individual.He epitomizes everything about the entitled elite.

Anything that upsets him is perfectly fine with me.
He speaks highly of you though
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 05:58 PM

There's no real point in trying to argue the case for what Grieve is saying here - most people who are in disagreement with him are playing the ball and not the man ("prat", "pillock", etc.).

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top