Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:23 AM

Re: No Deal - Truth

Hi

Liam Fox has so far not done well on Trade Deals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46917999
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Liam Fox has so far not done well on Trade Deals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46917999

We can't seal trade deals while we are a member state ....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Which of these companies have moved to the EU because of Brexit ?
Hi

Many reports from the financial services companies of them setting up in the EU to be able to continue.

The trades will be registered in the EU, not the UK and the tax goes there.

Information is freely available online.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Many reports from the financial services companies of them setting up in the EU to be able to continue.

The trades will be registered in the EU, not the UK and the tax goes there.

Information is freely available online.

That's not whatv i asked.

I asked who has moved from the UK tobthe EU because of brexit .... names please
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:53 AM

That's not whatv i asked.

I asked who has moved from the UK tobthe EU because of brexit .... names please
There are some companies saying it's because of brexit same as there are some gone to the wall supposedly because of brexit. No faith at all that's entirely the truth.

What is making me mad about at the moment is when something goes right they say despite brexit, as if they can't believe things are going well because of brexit.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 12:12 PM

There was an item on tonight's evening news about Brexit and the no deal possibility. It showed Dover and a nearby airfield where they are practising parking trucks in the event of customs delays.

There was also a piece about Britain and Australia signing a deal to ensure that Australian booze sold to the UK continues under the same rules as it does now to the EU.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 12:13 PM

We can't seal trade deals while we are a member state ....
And at present with the possible exception of Switzerland we couldn’t seal any deals it we wanted to as none of the other third parties to the EU trade deals have shown any interest in wanting to roll them over. Perhaps you should step into the breach and novate them all as you have previously suggested

With the clock ticking down people are getting nervous which is reflected in the latest polls

Fox and Davis and Johnson are beyond incompetent and the mess we are in falls squarely on their heads. Curley Larry and Mor would have have made a better fist of it
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 12:20 PM

I'm not sure why Nigel was on tv talking about food prices dropping. We already have some of the lowest food prices in Europe. I'd be more worried about fuel and energy costs and keeping our infrastructure going if we plan to close borders to EU and other unskilled workers coming in. The building trade cannot find anyone who wants to work on construction, the NHS cannot find enough medical staff. We currently have a great distribution network and excellent logistics. That's based on free trade links to European countries.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm not sure why Nigel was on tv talking about food prices dropping. We already have some of the lowest food prices in Europe. I'd be more worried about fuel and energy costs and keeping our infrastructure going if we plan to close borders to EU and other unskilled workers coming in. The building trade cannot find anyone who wants to work on construction, the NHS cannot find enough medical staff. We currently have a great distribution network and excellent logistics. That's based on free trade links to European countries.
Can't find cheap staff ? well they might have to actually improve people's lives and pay a decent wage then and would I'm sure find ready and willing workers.

One of the pluses of leaving EU is not everything will need to come through Dover so many of the ports round the country may start to make a better living off the back of us leaving. Will distribute wealth in many ways.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-01-2019, 12:59 PM

Hi

The big Financial Services, many of whom are not UK owned, are setting up offices in the EU to allow them to continue trading there.

That is just a fact of life, even JRM's Somerset Asset Management has set up in Dublin.

This means a Tax Loss, live with it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top