Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 07:01 PM

A Bit Of Common Sense!

Another good article from Tony Parsons………..

Just when I feel my faith in Brexit wavering, the European Union acts like a playground bully demanding dinner money from the class weakling - and I remember why we yearn to break free.

This week the EU growled darkly that the United Kingdom must pay our £39billion Brexit bill even if we leave WITHOUT a deal. Which prompts the response - or what?

And I ask the 16million of my fellow countrymen who voted to remain in the EU: How can you stand seeing our nation treated like a stroppy little colony by our imperial masters in Brussels?
And how can we belong to an organisation that treats us like dirt?

Now is the hour for this country to unite behind a PM who is doing everything in her power to get Brexit over the finishing line.
Spell it out to them when you go to Brussels, Theresa - look the EU in the eye and tell them loud and clear so that they can be in no possible doubt.
NO DEAL MEANS NO £39BILLION.
No deal and the EU budget will have a black hole that could sink it into recession.
No deal and Jean-Claude Juncker will be sipping methylated spirits instead of Chateau Margaux.
The threat of of holding back that £39billion is the last hope of Brexit actually happening.

It is time for Theresa May to dig in her kitten heels.
It is time to stop acting as if the EU has any interest in fair play.
It is time to tell them that unless they give us a deal that does not leave our country on its knees, they are going to have to struggle by without £39billion of our cash.

You tell them Theresa! No BritIsh Prime Minister ever made themselves unpopular by standing up to the sneering tyrants of Brussels.
That is what David Cameron never understood. That is what Theresa May has taken a long time to comprehend.

The UK wants to be friends, allies and trading partners with our European neighbours. We want to buy their prosecco, their cars, their fruit and veg - especially their prosecco.But the British will not be shoved around. The EU has treated us like a rebellious little outpost that is foolishly dreaming of freedom.
They do not want to see us prosper. They want to see us suffer, squirm and live to regret our dreams of independence.
Why would anyone want to stay in an organisation that treats them with such haughty contempt?

People like me point out that the vote to leave the EU was the largest vote for anything in British history.
We have been too slow to say that the second biggest vote for anything in our history was the vote to stay.
So let us ALL support our Prime Minister as she does her best to find a solution that unites the 17.4 million that voted to leave and the 16 million who voted to stay.
We all love our country, don’t we?. We have been divided - friends, families - north and south, young and old - for too long.

Make it clear we want to keep trading with our EU friends, Theresa. But warn them we will not be intimidated.
The UK is not going to crawl away, wither and die simply because we had the temerity to leave the EU.
We will leave and we will prosper.
And if they want that £39billion, then those rude, arrogant old bastards in Brussels must start accepting that fact.

Stand up for your country, Theresa. Your country will love you for it.

UNQUOTE.

He talks perfect sense as usual. Do you agree?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 07:49 PM

Re: A Bit Of Common Sense!

It isn’t a case of do you agree , I imagine every brexit voter has been expecting this from day one however we went wrong on literally day two of brexit when chief remainer may took command of something that firstly she had no heart in and secondly as we have seen both when acting as Home Secretary and now as PM the woman turns anything and everything she touches into shit ... I admire here staying power but I could say that about a cart horse ... we never really had a chance having a remainer leading , a parliament full of MPs who having voted and agreed to a referendum saying it would be honoured , then voted to trigger article 50 then do anything and everything for it not to happen ...
I just know that we won’t leave on 29march as we’ve been shafted big time , remainers want Europe to have our £39billion remember ... the difficulty now is they are sensing despite two years of project fear , a biased BBC ...Tony bliar and others touring Europe trying to stir the pot that the country is still not for turning and this worries them as they honestly thought by now the country would be 100% wanting a change of mind .... so they are wondering what excuses to give to extend article 50 ... when every brexit voter in the world would quite happily take the HARD NO DEAL BREXIT WE VOTED FOR and start talks next day with the rest of the world and indeed our nearest trading partner the EU BUT WE WOULD BEGIN THESE TALKS AS A FREE NATION AND NOT A ESCAPEE TO BE PUNISHED

So the real talks behind closed doors in London /Brussels is how to delay brexit and we all know they won’t allow us to walk away no deal in a few weeks time but as of yet they havnt come up with a reason to break the law ( it is law that we leave March 29th remember ) ..... just watch and see it get extended
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 07:54 PM

Austin Mitchell writes some great articles too on Brexit Central. He is ok for a lefty.

Thanks for posting
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Another good article from Tony Parsons………..

Just when I feel my faith in Brexit wavering, the European Union acts like a playground bully demanding dinner money from the class weakling - and I remember why we yearn to break free.

This week the EU growled darkly that the United Kingdom must pay our £39billion Brexit bill even if we leave WITHOUT a deal. Which prompts the response - or what?

And I ask the 16million of my fellow countrymen who voted to remain in the EU: How can you stand seeing our nation treated like a stroppy little colony by our imperial masters in Brussels?
And how can we belong to an organisation that treats us like dirt?

Now is the hour for this country to unite behind a PM who is doing everything in her power to get Brexit over the finishing line.
Spell it out to them when you go to Brussels, Theresa - look the EU in the eye and tell them loud and clear so that they can be in no possible doubt.
NO DEAL MEANS NO £39BILLION.
No deal and the EU budget will have a black hole that could sink it into recession. The
No deal and Jean-Claude Juncker will be sipping methylated spirits instead of Chateau Margaux.
The threat of of holding back that £39billion is the last hope of Brexit actually happening.

It is time for Theresa May to dig in her kitten heels.
It is time to stop acting as if the EU has any interest in fair play.
It is time to tell them that unless they give us a deal that does not leave our country on its knees, they are going to have to struggle by without £39billion of our cash.

You tell them Theresa! No BritIsh Prime Minister ever made themselves unpopular by standing up to the sneering tyrants of Brussels.
That is what David Cameron never understood. That is what Theresa May has taken a long time to comprehend.

The UK wants to be friends, allies and trading partners with our European neighbours. We want to buy their prosecco, their cars, their fruit and veg - especially their prosecco.But the British will not be shoved around. The EU has treated us like a rebellious little outpost that is foolishly dreaming of freedom.
They do not want to see us prosper. They want to see us suffer, squirm and live to regret our dreams of independence.
Why would anyone want to stay in an organisation that treats them with such haughty contempt?

People like me point out that the vote to leave the EU was the largest vote for anything in British history.
We have been too slow to say that the second biggest vote for anything in our history was the vote to stay.
So let us ALL support our Prime Minister as she does her best to find a solution that unites the 17.4 million that voted to leave and the 16 million who voted to stay.
We all love our country, don’t we?. We have been divided - friends, families - north and south, young and old - for too long.

Make it clear we want to keep trading with our EU friends, Theresa. But warn them we will not be intimidated.
The UK is not going to crawl away, wither and die simply because we had the temerity to leave the EU.
We will leave and we will prosper.
And if they want that £39billion, then those rude, arrogant old bastards in Brussels must start accepting that fact.

Stand up for your country, Theresa. Your country will love you for it.

UNQUOTE.

He talks perfect sense as usual. Do you agree?
If Teresa May has done a deal and agreed the terms of a settlement without a get out clause in case parliament does nobsccept it will be viewed by the international community ad the UK reneging on an agreement. An what this Tony Parsons is suggesting reads like blackmail and is morally difficult to support

however, If the payment of 39 million is outwith the agreement or there is a cluster that covers non acceptance of the deal then yes it would be a legitimate bargaining tactic

He also seems to think that the 14 million who voted to remain can change things. Unfortunately just like those who voted to leave, remain voters are not Sovereign , Parliament is and unless we have a general election or a second referendum or influence is very marginal
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 08:39 PM

Hi

In the event of a No Deal we save half the £39 Billion, that part which we are paying for a Transition Period.

It is not our decision not to pay the rest.

How much we have to pay will be decided by the International Courts.

As regards immediately moving to WTO Rules, this is a good explanation.

https://www.explaintrade.com/blogs/2...s-going-on-now

There are a myriad of other boring but essential things we need to do, but unfortunately have not done so yet.

We have wasted a lot of time since we issued Article 50.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 11:18 AM

I totally agree with Tony Parsons, what an uplifting article, this is exactly what I would expect from a true Brit, I only wish it could rub off on some of the time wasters representing us in the government.....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top