Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 09:11 PM

Seniors living alone

Are you a senior living alone? Do you enjoy your single life or would you rather be married again, or live common law?

What do you do for excitement since you live alone and don't have to live up to anyone's expectations.

What about if you are sick, are you glad you are alone because you don't have to make meals or do anything except concentrate on healing.....

I talk to myself sometimes, hahaha..
If I am doing my houseword I say "now let's see, what should I do next? Hmm, no I can't do that, it is too much, I'll save that for another time"

Have you ever thought about a granny suite? I have lived in a couple of them because my son used to buy and sell large estates and he liked me to be there when he is away, to make sure the workers are getting things done.
Then he would sell, and I would have to move again to the next one, sometimes I had to go to other cities, but I always kept my own home because I knew these were not permanent......would you live in a granny suite?

I know a single lady who travels around the world taking care of homes when people were going on holidays, and she would take care of the animals and the property. she said she made a good bit of money doing that.

So, if you had your choice, would it be the single life or sharing your home with another adult?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 09:18 PM

Re: Seniors living alone

Im not old being only mid 50s and I would at this moment in life prefer to live alone, only being married and a carer, thats so not going to happen

Going forwards, if I do live to an old age and outlive Mr Missy, I think I would prefer sheltered housing then live totally alone. Id want some sort of human contact daily, but be able to shut the door

When I was a child, a lot of grandparents were in sheltered accommodation , little self contained studio flats within a building but a central lounge area and a carer on duty 24/7 who could come. and help if you fell, got stuck in the bath etc
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Im not old being only mid 50s and I would at this moment in life prefer to live alone, only being married and a carer, thats so not going to happen

Going forwards, if I do live to an old age and outlive Mr Missy, I think I would prefer sheltered housing then live totally alone. Id want some sort of human contact daily, but be able to shut the door

When I was a child, a lot of grandparents were in sheltered accommodation , little self contained studio flats within a building but a central lounge area and a carer on duty 24/7 who could come. and help if you fell, got stuck in the bath etc
What a great post Missy x
You know, this is so strange because I have been thinking a lot of the same recently. Wondering what it would be like living in a retirement community so I could enjoy some of their activities and have meals made for me. Also, I would like the companionship and having someone near by if I was sick or hurt. It would be comforting in a way, wouldn't it?

Thanks Missy, you gave me a little more to think about....because lately I have not been too comfortable taking care of myself. I don't eat regularly, I got lazy, hahaha, and I hate doing the housework, I do have to hire a cleaning lady soon. I keep putting it off.

hahaha, Missy, I hope you never get stuck in the darn bath, haha, and I hope I don't either, it would be awful if I had to call for help and a bunch of fireman came in to pull the naked woman out of the bath......
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 09:41 PM

I can relate to Missy on this.
Although I'm married and love the wife dearly - some of the best times I ever had was when I was between relationships and alone.
I like my own company...
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
What a great post Missy x
You know, this is so strange because I have been thinking a lot of the same recently. Wondering what it would be like living in a retirement community so I could enjoy some of their activities and have meals made for me. Also, I would like the companionship and having someone near by if I was sick or hurt. It would be comforting in a way, wouldn't it?

Thanks Missy, you gave me a little more to think about....because lately I have not been too comfortable taking care of myself. I don't eat regularly, I got lazy, hahaha, and I hate doing the housework, I do have to hire a cleaning lady soon. I keep putting it off.

hahaha, Missy, I hope you never get stuck in the darn bath, haha, and I hope I don't either, it would be awful if I had to call for help and a bunch of fireman came in to pull the naked woman out of the bath......
I think as an old lady I wouldn't be too bothered about being seen naked in the bath

A wee story which is true

Im a sleep walker

In my 20s I lived alone and one night I went walking

I had a wee flat in a converted house, the roof was flat and had the clothes lines on it. I woke up there at 2 am one morning with just a teeshirt on

I had shut my flat door, none of my neighbours were in

I had to run up Putney High Street in next to nothing to find a telephone box to call the fire brigade

Now that was really embarrassing
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

23-01-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I can relate to Missy on this.
Although I'm married and love the wife dearly - some of the best times I ever had was when I was between relationships and alone.
I like my own company...
I know exactly what you are saying Fender. I was married twice, and lived with a guy for 14 years after that. The single life in between was wonderful and full of excitement. I really had good times.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

23-01-2019, 09:48 PM

Oh what a hoot Missy, I can just picture that. That would be something I would be liable to do, hahaha
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 09:55 PM

(snip)
So, if you had your choice, would it be the single life or sharing your home with another adult?
I live a single life now and love it. I love my own company and there's no way I would live with anyone again.
It has its pitfalls, but in the main, it's bliss.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 11:19 PM

Are you a senior living alone? Do you enjoy your single life
Hell yes! I can do what i want, when I want, if I want and it's absolute bliss. I wouldn't get married again or even just live with someone if I was paid to do it. I see no advantage in doing so that would be worth giving up the freedom I have.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 11:26 PM

Not me but my mother, she's 97 and lost her soul mate 4 years ago. That would be bad enough but all her friends are gone too. We live 200 miles away so can't visit very often. I'm pretty sure she's lonely.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top