Join for free
Page 11 of 29 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 09:36 PM

Re: Benefits of EU membership?

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
What do you propose to do about that???
Do as more and more businesses are doing?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...CMP=GTUK_email
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 02:06 AM

We're not going to stay in the EU so that a handful of moronic Aussie tourists can save a couple of shillings when they visit the UK.
Awww... Poor little darling living so far in the past he has managed to get his head is up his own arse. So cute. Even mentions quaint old shillings. One of you better tell him that Britain doesn't have the Euro but stuck with the dear old pound so no one cares if Britain leaves the EU.

Such a sweetie... He does try so hard too, absolutely adorable... Pat on the head and a tickle under the chin from me. Oh... Perhaps not considering where it has been.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 02:21 AM

We're not going to stay in the EU so that a handful of moronic Aussie tourists can save a couple of shillings when they visit the UK.
Since when are we in the Eurozone?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 02:28 AM

Ha ha...............you are totally struggling wih this.

The British taxpayer loses out by paying for UK membership of the EU which only benefits British businesses by giving them a source of cheap labour and the single marketplace.

It is businesses that should pay for EU membership not the taxpayer. Businesses that employ foreign labour and export in to the EU should also pay in to a fund to compensate working class British citizens who are losing out from UK membership, as should Gov't organisations such as the NHS who are negating their responsibility to train the next generation of BrItish nurses, doctors and health care workers.
That makes sense on one level, but it would also stifle trade and discourage investment in the UK. Is there any country where (taxes aside) businesses are charged for access to a market? If so does it work well? It's actually a barrier to entry for foreign investment and probably against single market rules. NB. the Uk makes far more in corporation tax receipts than in pays to the EU.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Donkeyman, the main benefit by far has been Britain's economic growth. Prior to joining we had weak competition and bloated & inefficient businesses. Our productivity was not what it should be. In 1973 we were the sick man of Europe.

A large, stable and well-regulated platform for trade is what has provided us with economic prosperity. If we leave the EU we should remain in the customs union or single market. They are our biggest trading partner.
Annie my dear. I quite agree about UK's antiquated, bloated,and ineffient industries of earlier years.But you miss my point,l argued that the owners of those then British owned businesses did not keep their industries competitive by reinvesting in them.But Chose to pocket the profits and then sold off their companies to whoever would buy them, thus creating a a tidy pile of money which they then invested on the stock exchange resulting in ultimately the totally imbalanced economy we presently enjoy,according to you.The low growth you complain of as compared to the 'booming economy'we enjoy now,which is currently lbelieve below 2 % belies your claims.Regards Donkeyman.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Awww... Poor little darling living so far in the past he has managed to get his head is up his own arse. So cute. Even mentions quaint old shillings. One of you better tell him that Britain doesn't have the Euro but stuck with the dear old pound so no one cares if Britain leaves the EU.

Such a sweetie... He does try so hard too, absolutely adorable... Pat on the head and a tickle under the chin from me. Oh... Perhaps not considering where it has been.
Oh dear , not too bright are you?

The shillings reference was a deliberate nod to the Aussies' past and British ownership of your country and just as Brits still call 10p '2 bob' and also will refer to 'shillings' when appropriate...... For example , I might say ' I'm going to work some overtime, I need some extra shillings'
Not because I actually want to be pain 'IN SHILLINGS', lol
Obviously too nuanced for you, me poor little darling!

Re read my post because you will said I specifically referred to the Aussie travellers visiting the UK with the intimation that they would then go on to visit the continent ( where £ are not widely used as a primary currency) after their pilgrimage to their Motherland .

Your condescending verbal diarrhoea is cringeworthy.
But that is a well inhabited space for australians.
I really wonder whether you were given independence too soon!
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 11:47 AM

How many times do remoaners need the bigger picture explaining to them ? Are remainers missing a gene ? Can’t see that forever lasts a lot longer than some POSSIBLE SHORT TERM FINANCIAL LOSS and that most certainly remaining in the EU isn’t the answer to our problems ????

I’m seriously now starting to honestly believe remainers are Jeremy Kyle audience in the making

https://youtu.be/7glNBtlAYhA
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
How many times do remoaners need the bigger picture explaining to them ? Are remainers missing a gene ? Can’t see that forever lasts a lot longer than some POSSIBLE SHORT TERM FINANCIAL LOSS and that most certainly remaining in the EU isn’t the answer to our problems ????

I’m seriously now starting to honestly believe remainers are Jeremy Kyle audience in the making

Yet more misleading information from remainers that is unsupported by any detailed analysis

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...g-term-impact/

The governments own long term analysis of the various scenarios indicates the hit saying at least 15 years.

And if we have to endure that hit at least the analysis indicates that leave voting areas will be affected the most although I do sympathise with those who voted remain

Not surprisingly the governments own voting demographics would suggest that leavers are more likely to be Jeremy Kyle show guests,audience and viewers

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...-britain-voted
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 12:47 PM

itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 12:55 PM

Oh! no, not more utube drivel from that reptile.

Page 11 of 29 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top