Join for free
Page 13 of 29 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 05:56 PM

Re: Benefits of EU membership?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You can put people into any group, based on statistics, but it will never tell you the reason they voted the way they did....so hardly a meaningful post!

We all had our own reasons for voting they way we did, and that is allowed in a democratic vote, so why don't those who were on the losing side of the vote accept it .......because the result is not going to change no matter how many reasons you think of to argue that it is wrong!
People with any intelligence will realize this & do everything they can to achieve the best result possible. The reason we are leaving is because the majority of those who voted wanted to....and arguments and tantrums won't change that. The constant arguing among British people is what will damage our ability to make it work, because it encourages the rest of the world to believe that they can trade with us, but on preferential terms for themselves!
1) That's the problem, no one has come with any lucid reason why they voted to leave. Mainly because they didn't check what they where being told.

2) There are no best/good results. Sorry I tell a lie there, the only good result is to revoke article 50

3) The rest of world, and our selves, will always get the most preferential terms they can. Knowing that we will be desperate for trade deals won't help will it?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Try telling that to Greece and Italy. Italy's latest budget has been rejected by the EU dictators and so has gone into recession. They are on a hiding to nowhere as being tied to the Euro, they can't leave the corrupt EU because of the massive debts they owe. If they hadn't adopted the Euro in the first place they could have revalued the Lira to encourage more investment and boost exports. That of course was the real reason for introducing the Euro in the first place, to maintain the economies of Germany and France at the expense of everyone else's.
Trying to explain brexit and the bigger picture to a remainer is like trying to explain something to a deeply religious person of another faith judd ... you are wasting your time as project fear is as much as they can digest in one lifetime , far easier to sit and moan about the mess the government has inflicted of brexit whilst ignoring the fact we are in this mess due to attempts to pander to remoaners in the first place as the question was a simple one .. stay or leave ? Quite why we’ve wasted 2 years preparation can only be answered by remainers as leavers has their bags packed 2 years ago , leavers have been pushing to leave /referendum for decades remember .
And let’s not forget this is only the terms of our leaving we are talking about , had we simply as promised triggered article 50 ( again something agreed on by remoaners educated experts ) and left then we would /should have been talking now about future relationship with Europe , instead remoaners have done untold damage not just to the uk but to any faith in democracy itself and that is something far larger than brexit
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Trying to explain brexit and the bigger picture to a remainer is like trying to explain something to a deeply religious person of another faith judd ... you are wasting your time as project fear is as much as they can digest in one lifetime , far easier to sit and moan about the mess the government has inflicted of brexit whilst ignoring the fact we are in this mess due to attempts to pander to remoaners in the first place as the question was a simple one .. stay or leave ? Quite why we’ve wasted 2 years preparation can only be answered by remainers as leavers has their bags packed 2 years ago , leavers have been pushing to leave /referendum for decades remember .
And let’s not forget this is only the terms of our leaving we are talking about , had we simply as promised triggered article 50 ( again something agreed on by remoaners educated experts ) and left then we would /should have been talking now about future relationship with Europe , instead remoaners have done untold damage not just to the uk but to any faith in democracy itself and that is something far larger than brexit
Ah that old chestnut again 'project fear'
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:14 PM

1) That's the problem, no one has come with any lucid reason why they voted to leave. Mainly because they didn't check what they where being told.

The voice of arrogance speaks again in her own little world of the poor people didn’t know what they were doing bless em

The fact the referendum wasn’t something dave woke up one morning and thought ‘ this will be good for a laugh ‘ but was FORCED upon him speaks many many people had been thinking about long before you got your head in gear .
The fact the greatest liar of all times Tony bliar himself promised a referendum back in his day but renegaded on it afterwards admitting he would have lost it yet again says this has been a long time coming ...

As to the reasons people voted to leave , and although I could list them here certain they have been published time and time again in forums , press and tv to hear the likes of you suggesting it was only the stupid makes me more resolved that our choice was the right one as I’d hate to be on any side you are

Let’s have a peep at the educated shall we

https://youtu.be/s-x6Ct2OwOA

Let’s see what else has been going on

https://youtu.be/XR2snMKWbUM

All thanks to the educated ones forcing their undemocrstic views on the stupid but this fight is far far from over yet
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->

2) There are no best/good results. Sorry I tell a lie there, the only good result is to revoke article 50

3) The rest of world, and our selves, will always get the most preferential terms they can. Knowing that we will be desperate for trade deals won't help will it?

Very old tired weak arguments...

17.4 million people didn't know what they were voting for ... But they did really, didnt they.

You spelled it out very clearly what would happen if we dared to vote against the establishment.

You said 800 000 would lose their job
You said the banks would leave
You said the economy would collapse
You got obama to say we would go to the back of the queue
You said there would be a run on the banks

You were completely and totally wrong.

Then, those who really didn't know what they were actually voting for, voted remain ... they voted for the "status quo"

So keep up the good work with your world of fantasy scaremongering and BS because it gives me no end of entertainment
itsme
Wigan UK

03-02-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Very old tired weak arguments...

17.4 million people didn't know what they were voting for ... But they did really, didnt they.

You spelled it out very clearly what would happen if we dared to vote against the establishment.

You said 800 000 would lose their job
You said the banks would leave
You said the economy would collapse
You got obama to say we would go to the back of the queue
You said there would be a run on the banks

You were completely and totally wrong.

Then, those who really didn't know what they were actually voting for, voted remain ... they voted for the "status quo"

So keep up the good work with your world of fantasy scaremongering and BS because it gives me no end of entertainment
Just three examples bready old boy.

$1 trillion is leaving Britain because of Brexit, https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/07/i...ets/index.html

The economy is one of the slowest growing economies in the G7
https://fullfact.org/economy/uk-econ...wth-within-g7/

We are at the back of the queue.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

03-02-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You can put people into any group, based on statistics, but it will never tell you the reason they voted the way they did....so hardly a meaningful post!

We all had our own reasons for voting they way we did, and that is allowed in a democratic vote, so why don't those who were on the losing side of the vote accept it .......because the result is not going to change no matter how many reasons you think of to argue that it is wrong!
People with any intelligence will realize this & do everything they can to achieve the best result possible. The reason we are leaving is because the majority of those who voted wanted to....and arguments and tantrums won't change that. The constant arguing among British people is what will damage our ability to make it work, because it encourages the rest of the world to believe that they can trade with us, but on preferential terms for themselves!
The constant arguing among British people is what will damage our ability to make it work, because it encourages the rest of the world to believe that they can trade with us, but on preferential terms for themselves

Who’s arguing ? The British people certainly aren’t arguing amongst themselves , we were asked a question , a question I hasten to add that many of us have been pushing for since 1989 at least and we gave our views ...
The arguing since I’m sad to say is remoaners , like kids in a playground threatening to take the ball home if they lose netball ... like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum in Sainsbury’s because mummy won’t buy her a sweetie ...
no the British people aren’t arguing as they know exactly where they are going and it can’t happen soon enough ... remainers sadly are arguing and using /inventing every excuse in the book from the fick unwashed didn’t know what box to tick to soft brexit Norway brexit Canada brexit and beyond !
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Straight cucumbers
Underpowered vacuum cleaners
Inadequate toilet flushes
Shitty Light bulbs
Weights that no one understands

The list goes on.
I like the measurement units. But we had those long before the EU existed.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->

You obviously have no ability to view things from the other side, and anyway how could somebody, whose interpretation of the way I voted is based on what they think I read in the newspapers?
I have posted my reasons for voting "leave" several times and they were nothing to do with what I read, but I suspect that somebody with such a bigoted opinion as you has no ability to try and understand others points of view>
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
The constant arguing among British people is what will damage our ability to make it work, because it encourages the rest of the world to believe that they can trade with us, but on preferential terms for themselves

Who’s arguing ? The British people certainly aren’t arguing amongst themselves , we were asked a question , a question I hasten to add that many of us have been pushing for since 1989 at least and we gave our views ...
The arguing since I’m sad to say is remoaners , like kids in a playground threatening to take the ball home if they lose netball ... like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum in Sainsbury’s because mummy won’t buy her a sweetie ...
no the British people aren’t arguing as they know exactly where they are going and it can’t happen soon enough ... remainers sadly are arguing and using /inventing every excuse in the book from the fick unwashed didn’t know what box to tick to soft brexit Norway brexit Canada brexit and beyond !
You missed my point! It was the remainers arguing about why should they leave, that i was talking about!

Page 13 of 29 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top