Join for free
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 07:01 PM

Re: Special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan says Tusk

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Rules are rules itsme but a negotiation means there is room for stretching boundaries, otherwise what is the point in talking for two years? If you sit down to a negotiation then there should be give on both sides.

While the principles of the EU are honourable I do feel that those leading the organisation in the recent past do not have it or its members' best interests at heart. That is not a sustainable position for such an organisation to be in.
Annie, I agree there should always be room to stretch boundaries in negotiations, but those boundaries have been put in place by TM's red lines, before and during the negotiations. The EU boundaries where and are well known to the UK as we assisted in putting them in place, and indeed on occasions, requested them.

I presume by the terminology of 'stretching boundaries' you mean 'compromise'. However, to be able to do so, one must be aware of what you are compromising on, something, as has happened throughout the 2 years + does not seem to have been forthcoming from TM and her negotiators.

Is there any point in coming to an agreement when the bad boys at the back of the class can vote it down along with the rest of the MP's who havene't a clue what they want.

There is no better deal/agreement than the one we are already in.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 07:16 PM

Re: Special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan says Tusk

Hi

Another defeat in the Commons for the Government.

I have no idea at all what will happen now.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Another defeat in the Commons for the Government.

I have no idea at all what will happen now.

I think "No deal" just became "the deal"

... all by accident
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 07:28 PM

Nope, May is working for the EU and won't allow No Deal as that actually means leaving. So they will extend Article 50, in the process the EU will demand all or some of the 39 billion for extending it and May will concede.

It's a pantomime. Our government IS the EU. One and the same.

They all need kicking out.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

... all by accident
At least 'taking no deal off the table' was not allowed to sneak in by the back door .
It was very silly of the government to let such an ambiguous amendment to be put forward in the first place.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 07:40 PM

I hope so.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I hope so.

Yep
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 07:55 PM

Hi

I despair of our Politicians of whatever variety.

We need to present a united front, anything else is not in our interest.

It is important that we leave, that is what we voted for.

We need to have certainty, both for our Industries and those who work in them.

We need to protect as many jobs as possible, ordinary people with kids and mortgages.

Brexit does not happen at the end of next month.

It happens tomorrow, when the container ships leave for the Far East.

Two local employers have consignments on them, on a wing and a prayer.

They have no idea at all whether they will be subject to tariffs or just be refused due to Rules of Origin.

It is a completely unnecessary worry for the people who work there.

It will not affect our Politicians at all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-02-2019, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I hope so.
Hi

It is only those who think that they will not be affected by a No Deal who are so much in favour of it.

It is my view that any loss from No Deal should be shared amongst all.

That includes Pensions

Us Oldies should take our share of any hit.

I am totally opposed to a No Deal, even though I will personally make money from it, or rather my son will.

I will sign 8 Certificates a week at £50 a time, a days work, and he will pay me NMW.

Others are charging £117 a time, but I am not greedy, just doing it for the locals.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 09:28 PM

Yep
Yep here too.....Leave and then negotiate from the outside is the way to go....

Omelettes and eggs springs to mind.....

Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top