Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 07:02 PM

Could You Become A Nun Or A Monk?

I was in Waitrose today and whilst getting my television guide, l noticed ‘The Lady’ magazine.
On the cover was the the question, ‘Could You Become A Nun?’ I thought it was a good question, so l added Monk for the men... although, they can choose to become a Nun, if they prefer?

So l ask, would you like like to become a Nun or a Monk?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 07:07 PM

Re: Could You Become A Nun Or A Monk?

Been living like a Nun for years, Art.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Been living like a Nun for years, Art.

Had none!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 07:14 PM

Mups you are so quick
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 07:16 PM

Art , i was in thailand last year and was told its good to become a nun or monk as you live completely free off of other people , they will give you money and food for just a blessing . You can live in a temple and never have to work or starve into old age

I thought it was a good job
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-02-2019, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Art , i was in thailand last year and was told its good to become a nun or monk as you live completely free off of other people , they will give you money and food for just a blessing . You can live in a temple and never have to work or starve into old age

I thought it was a good job
Susan, l am not surprised they make lots of money! Two of my daughters went to Cambodia last Summer. At the lost temple they were given blessings by monks and nuns, they had to do chanting with them but when they opened their eyes, they could see the Nun/Monk tapping a box for them to donate!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 07:30 PM

I'm an atheist.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 07:46 PM

More like the question, "Would you become a nun or monk?"
Could I? Yes
Would I? Nope
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 07:52 PM

I considered running away to become a nun on the eve of my first wedding.
I wish I had.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-02-2019, 08:03 PM

I have decided, being a Nun might be a bit quiet for me!

I think being a Monkess might be better but l wouldn’t fancy having my head shaved, as one of my ears sticks out a bit!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top