Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 10:55 PM

Does the pain ever stop

I've just made a very big mistake. I thought I was ready to read messenger messages between me and my beautiful sister, how wrong I was. I'm broken hearted all over again . Why did God have to take our Julia away so soon, I miss her so much and the pain never goes. Me and her children just hurt so much with missing her and it never ends. I keep thinking I am healing then things happen and I realise I'm not healed at all, the hole in our hearts will never heal, the reason we have found her death so hard is because she was the core of our family, just like our Mother, a strong woman who would defend her loved ones, no one picked on her family or they had Julia to deal with. The last few messages between us was telling each "I love you Sis" I will never delete them, maybe one day I will be able to go look again without feeling such pain. 😭

I'm devastated right now and wish I never looked at the messages, my only consolation is the last messages were telling each other "I love you Sis" There was so much love between us and I don't think I am ever going to get over her death. I've not been the same person since she died, outwardly I'm fine, inside part of me died with her.

Thank you for listening to me, I'm sorry if I made you feel sad too but my Mother always told me, a trouble shared is a trouble halved.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:29 PM

Re: Does the pain ever stop

I lost my OH nearly 3 years ago, we were married nearly 50 years. I feel your pain too Lion Queen.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:34 PM

It is my lovely. It is the day my BIL passed today, in two days time it is the anniversary of my Mum's passing.
I have been sad since Sunday.
I try not to dwell, but it is still there inside, and yes it hurts.
But your sis and Mum would not want you sad Queeny, they will be watching over you, and keeping you safe.
So yes, cry a little, remember the happy loving times together, then live your life as they would want you to.
Hugs and kisses sent my lovely friend.
issi
scotland
issi is female  issi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:37 PM

Dear Lion Queen, Grief comes in waves, and I just want you to know I do understand what your going through. the pain never goes away you just learn to live with it, I am so sorry for your loss LQ and you are right when you said a part of you died with her, I have lost my entire family including my son, and each time I lost a loved one a part of me went with them, leaving me with very little of myself, I know it will be difficult for you LQ, but you are tougher than you think, trust me you will get through it.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 12:17 AM

LionQueen, it grieves me badly when others carry so much wretched pain within them.
I think many cope outwardly, but emptiness is hard to deal with.
Maybe one way is to understand that you are keeping her memory alive, and you are engaging with her . Talk to her, write to her, put your feelings down on paper. Sometimes it can help, even if your tears roll down your cheeks, that can be part of the healing process . To share your thoughts can very therapeutic and find someone who is good at listening.
I like the way you speak of her on here, so much love between you, and that will never disappear, it's just on a different level at the moment.
Thoughts X
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 03:29 AM

It’s ok to never get over her.
Losing a sibling is forever tough.
I lost a brother 40 years ago and it still hurts
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 05:08 AM

LQ you won't get over it .
Grief is the price we pay for love.
You just have to carry on xx
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 07:27 AM

I lost my husband, best friend, father of my children and the love of my life for fifty years, last August. I will never be the same again.
I know how utterly painful it is but it is indeed the price we pay for love.
All we can do is cling to the wonderful memories we have of them and the happy times we shared together.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I lost my husband, best friend, father of my children and the love of my life for fifty years, last August. I will never be the same again.
I know how utterly painful it is but it is indeed the price we pay for love.
All we can do is cling to the wonderful memories we have of them and the happy times we shared together.
I’m so sorry for your loss. That’s quite a loss.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 09:44 AM

A big hug for LQ....just cause she is lovely and should not be feeling sad xx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top