Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 11:02 AM

Re: I dont fancy this

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That must be a relief for the over 60s then .
60 is no great age these days to be written off .

I agree with that, Muddy.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is happening here.

All us oldies in the Acute Medical Unit were asked.

A personal question Swimfeeders, don't reply if you don't wish to. How did you feel when asked, shocked or thankful that you were.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Something the Swiss would think is OK?..Doesn't surprise me at all.
That's actually racist. Really.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That's actually racist. Really.

What "race" are Swiss Art?..Everybody looked pretty much Aryan/ Caucasian/ White...to me last time I was there. They speak Italian, German, French and a few other European dialects. I saw some black and Asian people there. That was a long time ago. I don't think it would have changed much. I am white/ Anglo Celtic Australian with American bits in the background. Much the same as them really. Racism has precisely nothing to do with what I was thinking. MOre their history really. But as usual have it your way. I think you would have guessed now..if you bothered to think about it..that despite a sometimes insuperable urge to do so, I very rarely, if ever, judge your comments here. Unlike some others I accept that it is your right to say the things you do. Even about me I guess. But Jeez man I have to say that at the moment words like "kettle".."Pot" and "black" are coming to mind...really.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 11:48 PM

60 is a nice round number, maybe that is enough.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 11:48 PM

All this shite about the new this and that.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 12:23 AM

Well Spit I'm 68. I have cardiomyopathy (Sounds worse than it is but still) I only have 35% heart function but I make the best of it. I look after myself and most of the time I feel quite OK. But it could deteriorate and still kill me. I know men and women who are in their 90s and still swim with the Bondi Icebergs and play golf. THey are well so why shouldn't they keep living their lives. But I also think advanced care directives are a good idea. They are a clear statement of what you do and don't want if you become incapacitated and/ or are incapable of deciding whether you want to be resuscitated or not. I worked in dementia/ aged care in one of my last jobs and education with families about advanced care directives was one of my main duties. Almost everybody involved thought they were a good idea. They have to be approved by the individual and their family, their treating doctor(s) and a legal person. They were administered very carefully and the rights of the patient were paramount. THere was never the slightest hint of coercion or pressure for any other reason that what the patient wanted. They can be done any time. I have one. But the issue is nobody should be urged, pushed or cooerced into it. And they should be suggested for no other reason than the future wishes of the individual. NOT because of the possibilty of a health system not being able to cope or to save money. I mean really...Switzerland!?...One of the richest and most self absorbed countries in the world worried about not having enough money..for anything??..Gimme a break. THAT is what I was talking about Art. Not race.
easygoing
New Member!
Redding, Ca., USA
easygoing is male 

25-11-2020, 12:36 AM

Well Spit I'm 68. I have cardiomyopathy (Sounds worse than it is but still) I only have 35% heart function but I make the best of it. I look after myself and most of the time I feel quite OK. But it could deteriorate and still kill me. I know men and women who are in their 90s and still swim with the Bondi Icebergs and play golf. THey are well so why shouldn't they keep living their lives. But I also think advanced care directives are a good idea. They are a clear statement of what you do and don't want if you become incapacitated and/ or are incapable of deciding whether you want to be resuscitated or not. I worked in dementia/ aged care in one of my last jobs and education with families about advanced care directives was one of my main duties. Almost everybody involved thought they were a good idea. They have to be approved by the individual and their family, their treating doctor(s) and a legal person. They were administered very carefully and the rights of the patient were paramount. THere was never the slightest hint of coercion or pressure for any other reason that what the patient wanted. They can be done any time. I have one. But the issue is nobody should be urged, pushed or cooerced into it. And they should be suggested for no other reason than the future wishes of the individual. NOT because of the possibilty of a health system not being able to cope or to save money. I mean really...Switzerland!?...One of the richest and most self absorbed countries in the world worried about not having enough money..for anything??..Gimme a break. THAT is what I was talking about Art. Not race.
I'm with you Keezoy. I also have a directive. I'm 80 and so far in good health. Bless you and keep on trucking. I need to learn more about what is going on in other countries of the world to keep up with you folks.
keezoy
Australia

25-11-2020, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by easygoing ->
I'm with you Keezoy. I also have a directive. I'm 80 and so far in good health. Bless you and keep on trucking. I need to learn more about what is going on in other countries of the world to keep up with you folks.
You are very welcome mate. Any time you want to have a chat, message me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 09:42 AM

Great post Keezoy !

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top