Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:35 PM

Re: Live Aid concert 13 July 1985

I watched it on TV. It was a super concert.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
A generous friend held an all-day party in a large house to watch the event - there were multiple TVs with integrated sound - it was like watching the event from a VIP lounge .....
That must have been an awesome experience! It was a very first ‘fan park’ like we did for the soccer World Cup in South Africa!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I watched it on TV. It was a super concert.
That’s wonderful. We got to see a recording much later!
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
That must have been an awesome experience! It was a very first ‘fan park’ like we did for the soccer World Cup in South Africa!
I trust you did the waka waka dance at the fan park when the official song of the games was played

Not a chance at Live Aid. Looking back at recordings of the event I can see it was completely jammed packed at Wembley.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

29-11-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I trust you did the waka waka dance at the fan park when the official song of the games was played

Not a chance at Live Aid. Looking back at recordings of the event I can see it was completely jammed packed at Wembley.
No, not a fan of the Fan Parks, I watched on the telly after taking 5 hours to drive home (usually a 45 minute commute) due to massive traffic jams. The tales us locals can tell! What they don’t show on the telly!

Wembley was jam packed! It must have been an awesome sight to behold and experience in person!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 10:33 PM

Great question!..I was living in London when Live Aid was on. I didn't get to the concert though no..my bad...It was a warm day. Everybody there was calling it "hot". We thought that was funny but. But everybody was happy so that's all that mattered. BUt!.. I DID see Led Zeppelin in Sydney in 1972. I had just arrived back home after living my teenage years on the West Coast. What a great homecoming gift that was.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
But there’s plenty of Pub days and just one LiveAid concert!
Not so, when a person remembers Opportunity Knocks.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 10:53 PM

Not going to Live Aid is the biggest regret of my life. I am bitterly disappointed and forever upset I didn't make the effort to see the best performer that ever lived in my eyes................FREDDIE MERCURY AND QUEEN.

Freddie and Queen stole the whole show with his magnificent showmanship.

In Elton Johns words “You bastards, you stole the show,”

They sure did.

The many times I've watched Queens performance I am so, so jealous of those lucky people in that audience. Wow what a talking point for the rest of ones life.

So I have to live with the fact I never got to see my Idol forever.

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Not going to Live Aid is the biggest regret of my life. I am bitterly disappointed and forever upset I didn't make the effort to see the best performer that ever lived in my eyes................FREDDIE MERCURY AND QUEEN.

Freddie and Queen stole the whole show with his magnificent showmanship.

In Elton Johns words “You bastards, you stole the show,”

They sure did.

The many times I've watched Queens performance I am so, so jealous of those lucky people in that audience. Wow what a talking point for the rest of ones life.

So I have to live with the fact I never got to see my Idol forever.

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.

That's why I regret not going. When I look back at recordings of the event and seeing Freddie do the 'dee daa, dee daa' thing where the whole crowd at Wembley copies him, knowing that not everyone in the crowd is a Queen fan because there are people in the crowd who are fans of other artists who were there but he got nearly everyone to follow along with him, THAT is something extremely special, a one in a life time experience that will never ever be repeated.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 11:08 PM

Nostalgia, is it worth the paper its not written on?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top