Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 07:19 PM

Re: New Golf Mk8 omission

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Personally, I can't see what the big problem could be. The present models have it, so the switches, motors, connections, etc., must already be readily available.

If it's a cost thing, how much would it save not to fit it? Peanuts!

Well it’s all about money, of course, it used to be that manufacturer’s had a range that usually started with a base model, then a medium then higher spec models, somewhere along the way somebody realised that they could make more money by putting what used to be standard equipment on each model, on the options list, where you would spend more money getting the desired equipment on your car, Now they have realised that packs are the way forward, such and such pack comes with these features, and another pack will come with something else, so you could find yourself having to buy different packs to get the options you want....
Yes, indeed it is about money, and that reminds me of another possibility.

After the end of December, I wonder whether we'll be slapping tariffs on EU products.

It could well be that the Golf suddenly looks less attractive than an equivalent from another part of the world!

We don't know. It's just a chance we'll have to take.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, indeed it is about money, and that reminds me of another possibility.

After the end of December, I wonder whether we'll be slapping tariffs on EU products.

It could well be that the Golf suddenly looks less attractive than an equivalent from another part of the world!

We don't know. It's just a chance we'll have to take.
Hi

We do know what our Tariffs are, we posted our WTO Tariffs some time ago.

We do not know if we will get a FTA with the EU.

Your oft repeated preference is No Deal. which means 10% Tariffs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We do know what our Tariffs are, we posted our WTO Tariffs some time ago.

We do not know if we will get a FTA with the EU.

Your oft repeated preference is No Deal. which means 10% Tariffs.
Yes indeed. I stand by that hope.

I'm willing to make a sacrifice for the overall good of the country.

If that happens, we may look elsewhere for our car or we may accept another 10% on the price - say £2000. It's not the end of the world...

...though hopefully it might be the end of the EU!

There is also the possibility that the German car makers might bite the bullet and reduce their prices accordingly to ensure continuation of sales.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 09:42 PM

Hi

I wish you the best of luck JBR.

I don't do new cars.

3 year old Ex Works
full upgraded spec and fully serviced.

I still have access to them.

I was going to change for a chipped Seat Leon Automatic Estate, 3 years old and immaculate.

The mechanics have pointed out a few home truths.

My 2011 Ford CMax automatic is just as fast, has just has the brakes and suspension done and at 7000miles a year will last another 10 years.

It will still blow away a BMW at the traffic lights and is so boring, nobody will ever steal it

They have a point.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top