Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 03:27 PM

The most and least reliable cars.

Hi

Some interesting results.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...ng-owners.html
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 03:32 PM

Re: The most and least reliable cars.

That is interesting. I wonder why people still buy Mercs if they're so unreliable? Nissan aren't too good either in that listing, for that matter, but ours hasn't let us down.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 04:05 PM

Mercedes don't do entry level cars very well.
Get into the luxury level cars and it's a different ball game.
Their back up and after-sales is dreadful.

I've had 2 BMW's over the last 10 years and never, ever had a single breakdown.

Now that I have to pay for my cars I've bought a Hyundai Santa Fe and so far I'm very pleased with it....may it continue? I hope so.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
That is interesting. I wonder why people still buy Mercs if they're so unreliable? Nissan aren't too good either in that listing, for that matter, but ours hasn't let us down.
Me neither although mine is seven years old so it's the older model. I am surprised not to see all the Jap cars at the top as they usually are.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Me neither although mine is seven years old so it's the older model. I am surprised not to see all the Jap cars at the top as they usually are.
Ours is coming up for 10yrs old, we've had her for 7.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Ours is coming up for 10yrs old, we've had her for 7.
Obviously they have had some major changes then, they used to be so reliable.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 04:34 PM

Japanese cars have never let me down
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 06:08 PM

The problem with German cars are that the public have a perceived view that they are the most reliable cars, this used to be the case, but quality has suffered over the years due to cost cutting, ect, that said there are plenty of owners with no complaints at all, but some parts can be eye wateringly expensive, Nissan, since their part merger with Renault has also taken a backward step in reliability and quality, but most Japanese cars, Honda, Toyota Suzuki Mazda, are generally seen as very reliable cars, although Mazda diesels are to be avoided,
Land Rover have had problems with their Diesel engines due to the particulate filter being too far away from the engine and not being able to get hot enough to regenerate,
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 06:57 PM

Hi

My Subaru was bulletproof, but hugely expensive on fuel.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 10:01 PM

Of course the list is accurate......
SUV's and Diesels are crap, closely followed by the larger petrol engines, and electric cars (Hybrids) are the bees knees......Who did the testing? Extinction Rebellion?

I bought my 2 litre n-tec Diesel Qashqai ten years ago from new, it's like excretia off a shovel with four people and their luggage on board, and apart from servicing and MOT, the only money I've had to lay out on is a knackered flat battery.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top