Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 01:38 PM

Re: Summer Car

Wow nice car Spitty
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 01:52 PM

I've had a few convertibles but as a design, this one is timeless, it ain't got a bad angle, that is unusual, and, as that guy says, it is refined to drive.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 11:27 PM

Never thought I’d see myself in the car section, but I was reminded of a colourful chap when I read of your new venture Spitty.
The best of luck with your project me lad, looking forward to seeing the end result.

There was a local singer used to live in my area back in the 60’s, he did well for himself and one of the first things he bought with his new found wealth was a screaming yellow sports car, don’t ask me the make, as you know I know nothing about cars.

He would drive it very slowly around the estate on a Sunday afternoon wearing a cowboy hat, a frilled cowboy shirt, and sunglasses, the roof would be rolled down and he used to stick his elbow out the side, smiling and waving to everyone and shouting “Hi fans!”, then he would throw handfuls of coin out to the many children who followed the car.

Every time I see a fella driving around in a sports car, I think of him, rest his soul.

By the way Spitty, can you sing?

The words of the song “The Boston Burglar” spring to mind, he was brought up by honest parents and raised most tenderly, “Til he became a sporting lad at the age of 23”
Perhaps one could still become a ‘sporting lad’ at the age of 63 or thereabouts?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 08:19 AM

Jembo, you would be surprised what lurks behind creaky dusty garage doors in unassuming neighbourhoods, bits of machinery that are never allowed to gather at the likes of the "Owners club scene". A person may be lucky enough to spot one unleashed, if they are are up very early on a sunny Sunday Morning in the middle of nowhere, or just hear the distant rumble across the fields.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-11-2020, 10:42 PM

Whipped the Headlights off today, ready for a scouring, going to start a sympathetic rub down of the offensive Bonnet paint, ready for the paint shop at the end of the month.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 10:10 AM

looking good Spitty and it keeps you out of mischief

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top