Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 10:34 AM

Brexit - The Biden Effect?

Given that Biden is making all of these promises to ride with the EU ,and to refuse the UK a US Trade agreement, if he is elected (as seems likely!), can we now expect to see the EU killing off any chance of the trade deals we are still seeking?

Will the remainers have a revival and attempt further delays backed by Biden?

Will the EU put everything on hold, in the hope that the USA will ride to their rescue & Brexit will be defeated?

Reading what is coming out of the Press, and Biden, appears to make this more and more likely!

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 11:05 AM

Re: Brexit - The Biden Effect?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Given that Biden is making all of these promises to ride with the EU ,and to refuse the UK a US Trade agreement, if he is elected (as seems likely!), can we now expect to see the EU killing off any chance of the trade deals we are still seeking?

Will the remainers have a revival and attempt further delays backed by Briden?

Reading what is coming out of the Press, and Biden, appears to make this more and more likely!

Watch next month for the next exciting episode of Brexit !!
Will Boris and Frosty escape from the tunnel before the Ogre EU
can recapture them and re-enslave them !?!?!?
Will the nice Ogre USA come to their rescue in time ???

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👎
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 11:39 AM

Will the EU put everything on hold, in the hope that the USA will ride to their rescue & Brexit will be defeated?

We heard it first hand when Obama (Bidens boss) said we would go to the back of the queue if we left the EU.

Trump needs to win on Tuesday
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We heard it first hand when Obama (Bidens boss) said we would go to the back of the queue if we left the EU.

Trump needs to win on Tuesday
I thought that Biden was a Democrat, I must have misunderstood!

He must know that the EU is not Democratic whilst the UK vote was!

Now I don't understand why he's trying to get elected, by democratic vote, whilst decrying our winning the UK democratic vote, I'm confused!

Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 11:59 AM

What you say might be correct.

But I haven't seen any real evidence to suggest it; can you provide any evidence from Biden or his elected representatives please?
NOT media blurb, because I strongly suspect that what we see in the media about this is just so much rhetoric with no (or little) basis in fact at a time when the UK is in the final stages of finalising it's departure from the EU.

Coincidence?
I don't think so.
It's more "Brexit is bad, look!" rubbish - unless of course there is evidence as I request?

Regarding the EU hoping Brexit will be defeated we know that the EU seniors have wanted that result from the day of our referendum.
Even were they somehow to manage that feat (which is unlikely), I think Farage & co. would overturn any such damage within a few short years because the British public will not stand for a "fudge" after the palaver of these past years since the referendum.
That after all is the only reason Boris won the election: to "Get Brexit Done".
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

01-11-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
What you say might be correct.

But I haven't seen any real evidence to suggest it; can you provide any evidence from Biden or his elected representatives please?
NOT media blurb, because I strongly suspect that what we see in the media about this is just so much rhetoric with no (or little) basis in fact at a time when the UK is in the final stages of finalising it's departure from the EU.

Coincidence?
I don't think so.
It's more "Brexit is bad, look!" rubbish - unless of course there is evidence as I request?

Regarding the EU hoping Brexit will be defeated we know that the EU seniors have wanted that result from the day of our referendum.
Even were they somehow to manage that feat (which is unlikely), I think Farage & co. would overturn any such damage within a few short years because the British public will not stand for a "fudge" after the palaver of these past years since the referendum.
That after all is the only reason Boris won the election: to "Get Brexit Done".
Zaphod,

When you talk about "Media Blurb" you might want to remember that the Media is. pretty much, the source of all the information we get and from which we have to form views & understand positions.

Have I missed something? Is there another source?

So we have to guess which argument is the most likley, on that basis.

I respect the stuff discussed on here:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/j...resident-mean/

But, to each his own.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 12:37 PM

Hi

The EU have accepted that we are leaving and are prepared for it.

Unlike us, they have everything in place.

They want a Deal, one which protects them and gives us nothing,

Biden is part of this, Boris has scuppered the Good Friday Agreement and Biden will make him pay for this.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU have accepted that we are leaving and are prepared for it.

Unlike us, they have everything in place.

They want a Deal, one which protects them and gives us nothing,

Biden is part of this, Boris has scuppered the Good Friday Agreement and Biden will make him pay for this.

How has Boris scuppered the GFA ?

Seriously Swimmy your not making any sense
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 12:57 PM

Zaphod,

When you talk about "Media Blurb" you might want to remember that the Media is. pretty much, the source of all the information we get and from which we have to form views & understand positions.

Have I missed something? Is there another source?

So we have to guess which argument is the most likley, on that basis.

I respect the stuff discussed on here:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/j...resident-mean/

But, to each his own.
You are in many ways (but not completely) correct.
When reading this media blurb one must consider the terminology used and pay heed to the sources for the information you read.
Nowadays sadly far too much of what is printed and broadcast is in fact opinion and not factual news.

Personally I prefer to form my opinions from interpretation of facts and data - and in the example above there are none.
Hence my asking the question you couldn't - and won't be able to - answer.
It's because the whole subject is based upon the opinions of others.

So yes, there is indeed another source when reading any article about pretty much any subject.
That is the publisher of the data or the person discussing what is being reported.
Anything published without the support of data; without a direct quote from the person discussed; or without substantiated evidence in support of what is being reported is unreliable.

Now I understand that in this day and age there are far too many people who interpret far too much of this unsubstantiated "blurb" as being factual and then use this as a basis upon which to form an opinion.
Doing so is, as I hope you now understand, not very sensible.
No it does not lead you into believing "what is most likely" because the weight of bias actively prevents that.

Surely Brexit alone has been an excellent example of trying to use such bias?

Nowadays almost everything we purchase is reviewed somewhere on the internet.
Many of these reviews are biased in one way or another, for example companies using Amazon give people free samples in return for an "honest" review or will give purchasers a discount or other incentive in return for a good review.

Advertisements glamorise or make unsubstantiated claims about products to entice people into making a purchase.
Sadly, our media are frequently taking the same path and using unsubstantiated claims in order to pursue their own agenda, only they're being dressed as facts in order to fool the gullible.
The BBC for example has been taken to task for this quite a few times but it pervades media both here and elsewhere, the USA especially.

Many of us know this and that's why you will frequently see The Express or The Daily Mail and others have their "reports" condemned by those with the opposite bias.

So unless any story can be verified and/or attributed, treat it as a story; a work of fiction.
Because without a verifiable attributable source, that's what it is.
No matter how many times or where it is repeated.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

01-11-2020, 12:57 PM

I thought that Biden was a Democrat, I must have misunderstood!

He must know that the EU is not Democratic whilst the UK vote was!

Now I don't understand why he's trying to get elected, by democratic vote, whilst decrying our winning the UK democratic vote, I'm confused!

Biden is a democrat - he was VP under Obama.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top