Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 03:56 PM

Re: Too agressive.Hi

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Time for me to leave the Brexit Posts.

A committed leaver, just because I do not agree with some, subject to abuse.
I don't see much personal abuse on this forum or even this thread and I certainly hope that I have not been abusive (at least in a serious way) to anyone.

My opinion is that either we leave with no deal or, if some sort of deal should be struck, we remain tied to and still under the control of the EU in some form or other.

My personal choice is against the latter. I want complete freedom and sovereignty for our country.

I hope that is not too abusive!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
i don't see much personal abuse on this forum or even this thread and i certainly hope that i have not been abusive (at least in a serious way) to anyone.

My opinion is that either we leave with no deal or, if some sort of deal should be struck, we remain tied to and still under the control of the eu in some form or other.

my personal choice is against the latter. I want complete freedom and sovereignty for our country.

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't see much personal abuse on this forum or even this thread and I certainly hope that I have not been abusive (at least in a serious way) to anyone.

My opinion is that either we leave with no deal or, if some sort of deal should be struck, we remain tied to and still under the control of the EU in some form or other.

My personal choice is against the latter. I want complete freedom and sovereignty for our country.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yeah, that's confused me too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Your messages confused me!
What was difficult to understand about my message?

To simplify:

1. We leave with no deal.

2. We leave with a deal which, I believe, will inevitably hand some aspects of our independence to the EU.

Surely I don't need to explain which of these two possibilities I am in favour of.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
JBR, if I may ?

I understood.
Basically we have, it would appear from the current position, only 2 options:

1 The UK leaves the EU with no trade deal in place.

2 We get a deal but this depends upon the UK accepting that the EU retains jurisdiction in areas of UK sovereignty, namely our territorial waters & fishing; the right to determine for itself how the UK uses subsidies and encourages business; that the EU can impose an internal border within the UK; and that the UK is subserviant to the ECJ in some areas at least.

(As clarified by JBR in the post directly above this.)
JBR said the he is against #2

(If I may, I think the inclusion of two words might have helped regarding the highlighted part of JBR's post as follows:
"if some sort of deal should be struck, [we must ] remain tied to and still under the control of the EU in some form or other."
*My apologies to JBR if I am being overtly presumptive but I do hope that clarifies things, as I understood it to mean at least.*)
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I do apologise JB, I was quite aware of your stance concerning the EU. But for some reason I seem to have omitted the 'Against' in your final summary....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-11-2020, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by zaphod ->
jbr, if i may ?

I understood.
Basically we have, it would appear from the current position, only 2 options:

1 the uk leaves the eu with no trade deal in place.

2 we get a deal but this depends upon the uk accepting that the eu retains jurisdiction in areas of uk sovereignty, namely our territorial waters & fishing; the right to determine for itself how the uk uses subsidies and encourages business; that the eu can impose an internal border within the uk; and that the uk is subserviant to the ecj in some areas at least.

(as clarified by jbr in the post directly above this.)
jbr said the he is against #2

(if i may, i think the inclusion of two words might have helped regarding the highlighted part of jbr's post as follows:
"if some sort of deal should be struck, [we must ] remain tied to and still under the control of the eu in some form or other."
*my apologies to jbr if i am being overtly presumptive but i do hope that clarifies things, as i understood it to mean at least.*)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-11-2020, 10:08 PM

I do apologise JB, I was quite aware of your stance concerning the EU. But for some reason I seem to have omitted the 'Against' in your final summary....
Don't tell me you thought I'd be in favour of a deal tying us to the EU Empire in perpetuity?

Napoleon failed.
Hitler failed.
Barmy will fail too.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top