Join for free
Page 29 of 30 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 10:47 PM

Re: Are you stocking up just in case?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The days of choosing which toilet roll or dog food we want have gone (for now at least). It's make do with whatever is left on the shelf. Supermarkets keep telling us they can cope and there is enough to go round but personally I don't think they can cope.

Despite the panic buying, supermarkets are not able to restock in time for the next day. They are receiving less items in than they did before the crisis started.
Could that be because they are not stocking the 'less' popular varieties of a particular product Dingalong?

I've not been to the supermarket for about a week and wondered if hand lotions and hand creams are rationed now with all the hand washing

Another thing I noticed last week, 16 packs of loo rolls were the only items left of the shelf - ie the 4, 9 packs had run out. I can't get my 'ead round that one. There's only me and so I ended up with a 16 pack, not that I'm complaining of course
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 09:56 AM

Free toilet paper at a station near you.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	F1033427-F19B-4E22-9C84-B4DD9174CB7B.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	11956  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Free toilet paper at a station near you.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:22 PM

I wonder if there could be a market for second user bog roll.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 12:24 PM

I'd like to stock up but I can't get into the shop because of the greedy beggars who are in there to stock up.

Very thoughtless of them!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Could that be because they are not stocking the 'less' popular varieties of a particular product Dingalong?

I've not been to the supermarket for about a week and wondered if hand lotions and hand creams are rationed now with all the hand washing

Another thing I noticed last week, 16 packs of loo rolls were the only items left of the shelf - ie the 4, 9 packs had run out. I can't get my 'ead round that one. There's only me and so I ended up with a 16 pack, not that I'm complaining of course
For some reason, very little fresh meat, no chicken for days now. But all the stuff that normally gets left behind is being sold.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
For some reason, very little fresh meat, no chicken for days now. But all the stuff that normally gets left behind is being sold.
Weird, folk buying something they wouldn't normally eat.

I go through about 2 or 3 cartons of long life soya milk a week. When I shopped last week I bought two to keep my stock up and the guy thought I could only have one. He asked and it turned out it was ok to have two. (Uusally I feel like I'm the only one buying them). Now apparently soya milk is whipped off the shelf with almond milk.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 09:39 PM

I half heard a story today from a member of staff (I was earwigging) about a customer who was refused the fourth item at the till (not sure what it was he was buying) so what did he do? He threw it on the floor and stamped on it saying if he couldn't have it then no one else could.

These are the people we sometimes have to deal with.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 09:53 PM

I've just been talking to our daughter who lives in Spain. She says the food situation is OK there because people are locked down by law. Only one person at a time is briefly allowed out from any household to get some shopping and they are only allowed to travel to their nearest shop. This means the supermarket shelves tend not to get ransacked.

I think this might be what we need here since many of our population can't seem to be reasonable about the amounts they buy.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

21-03-2020, 11:06 PM

It's shocking and so sad how our society behaves today. Really really saddening.

Page 29 of 30 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top