Join for free
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2011, 04:52 PM

This is why I've vowed to never use public transport again!

I think this is 'Current affairs' Mods. please move it if need be.

A truly incredible story about a pregnant women trapped on a train, and then accused of 'Trespass' when trying to get home.

http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3361308
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2011, 06:12 PM

Re: This is why I've vowed to never use public transport again!

Trouble is Losos that this type of thing ceases to be incredible as it happens all too frequently. What I want to know is how have we bred so many brainless jobsworths in such a short space of time? I thought evolution took millions of years, these morons have appeared just within a generation....
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

10-06-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Trouble is Losos that this type of thing ceases to be incredible as it happens all too frequently. What I want to know is how have we bred so many brainless jobsworths in such a short space of time? I thought evolution took millions of years, these morons have appeared just within a generation....

Couldnt agree more with ya Barry .........

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 08:29 PM

A very very unfortunate situation that was handled in an extremely stupid way. But you cannot condemn all public transportation because of this and similar incidents; do you want to encourage the use of yet more polluting cars???
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 09:58 PM

Yes Barry, very good point. What particularly annoyed me about this story was that it was reported that the drivers of the trains were preparing to 'clock off' and presumeably they are allowed to walk down the track to get home, but the passengers are committing trespass if they do the sameIt's a mad mad world

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
Couldnt agree more with ya Barry .........
It just doesn't make sense does it?

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
A very very unfortunate situation that was handled in an extremely stupid way. But you cannot condemn all public transportation because of this and similar incidents; do you want to encourage the use of yet more polluting cars???
OK I hear you, and it's an extremely good point, but we are very bad in the UK in 'not going the extra mile' which I have to say, in my experience other countries do (America and Australia in particular). For example if people are to switch to public transport then they must feel that if something goes wrong the people who run the service will forget about their 'clocking off' times and just work until the problem is sorted.

Eileen, I guess you've not had a chance to read the reports about the 7/7 terrorist attack in London but it seems that at one station the emergancy services arrived quickly but were not allowed to go down to the platform (It was on the underground) for around twenty minutes while they all went through the 'rule book' to see if they were allowed to do so.

I don't recall the New York firemen (On 7/11) doing anything like that.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 01:38 AM

Eileen, I guess you've not had a chance to read the reports about the 7/7 terrorist attack in London but it seems that at one station the emergancy services arrived quickly but were not allowed to go down to the platform (It was on the underground) for around twenty minutes while they all went through the 'rule book' to see if they were allowed to do so.

No, I did apparently miss that. Once again, stupid "work-to-rule" regulations and lack of common sense. Apparently the latter, also initiative, is in quite short supply.

You do wonder sometimes if things are really getting that much worse, but I suppose with the instant communication of almost all news these days, camera phones, tweets, etc, that we just hear about it sooner ... or at all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

14-06-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
You do wonder sometimes if things are really getting that much worse, but I suppose with the instant communication of almost all news these days, camera phones, tweets, etc, that we just hear about it sooner ... or at all.
Well at the risk of going of topic I have to agree with you, in fact in recent years I've often felt that things would be a lot better if we did not have this instant communication.

There was a recent nasty e-coli outbreak in Germany, on the first day someone said it was cucumbers comming from Spain, within minutes that of 'Of the cuff' remark had flashed around the world and growers in Spain saw orders fall off a cliff over the next few days.

Of course it was not the cucumbers from Spain but I don't see the media rushing to apologise, now Spain has to make a claim on the German authorities to try to get compensation.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 07:56 AM

No, I did apparently miss that. Once again, stupid "work-to-rule" regulations and lack of common sense. Apparently the latter, also initiative, is in quite short supply.

Dandys mum, it wasn't 'rules' that prevented the Ambulance and other staff from descending to aid the injured, but there was fear of yet more explosions which, had there been the emergency staff would have become part of the problem, not the solution, which is why until there had been an examination of the incident to ensure there were no more bombs, all emergency staff were held back until the area had been declared 'safe'.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Have you seen the film "Idiocracy?" It's not a particularly good movie, but the premise is truly scary. Basically, because of social welfare, evolution has gone into reverse. Intelligent people find all sorts of logical reasons for putting off parenthood, while the less intelligent continue to breed in an uncontrolled way. The result - in a very short time a society was created where today's moron is tomorrow's intellectual.

Mick

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top