Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 06:49 PM

Re: Sending a message to Murdoch

Do they really think this will get them off the hook? They are beneath contempt.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 07:05 PM

What a waste of mankind that Murdoch is. To shut the paper and sack hundreds of innocents to try to protect his management really is beneath contempt (sorry for nicking your words nuttygran). I hope the workers sue the backside off News International for their cruel dismissals.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 07:06 PM

'Question Time' should prove interesting viewing this evening...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
Do they really think this will get them off the hook? They are beneath contempt.
Murdoch underestimates the majority of British public if he thinks we are so gullible we will be taken in by his latest move
I understand newspapers in general are going through a pretty rough time and when the NOTW had the greater part of it's advertising revenue withdrawn it may no longer have been a viable proposition anyway. It may have made better economic sense to regroup and concentrate on other titles held by the company like the Sun and Times . Hopefully some buyers will boycott them too.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

07-07-2011, 08:32 PM

I agree with the sentiment that this is nothing more than a smokescreen where everyone loses out except those who should face the music are allowed to stay in post.

The MP Chris Bryant, who is himself involved in a phone hacking case against the NOTW had it right when he said "This is designed to try and protect Rebekah Brooks"

Given Murdochs reluctance to oust her even though under a great deal of pressure would suggest that she knows where all the bodies are buried within his corporation, no cheap pun intended.

We have to wonder if by pulling the plug now, a lot of even more repugnant-if that is possible-revelations are avoided.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 07:30 AM

I watched question time and they all skirted around the obvious answer to Murdoch, dont buy his papers.

I stopped buying national newspapers years ago and I dont miss the lies, sensationalism, gossip or reporters ego boosting comments plus I save money as well.

Hugh Grant was the only person who talked sense.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 07:40 AM

I was at Wapping (on the picket lines) many years ago when Murdoch moved his press empire out of Fleet Street and I would happily see and applaud if the remainder of his press empire collapsed entirely.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I watched question time and they all skirted around the obvious answer to Murdoch, dont buy his papers.
.. politicians are masters of evasion, I am sure they must be schooled in it when they get into parliament .
I stopped buying national newspapers years ago and I dont miss the lies, sensationalism, gossip or reporters ego boosting comments plus I save money as well.
..me too .
...I thought he came across as nervous and was much more self assured on the radio on the Today programme.

What has really surprised me listening to the news programme in the last 24 hours is the extent to which many politicians fear the press, this is a very unhealthy situation for the country .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I was at Wapping (on the picket lines) many years ago when Murdoch moved his press empire out of Fleet Street and I would happily see and applaud if the remainder of his press empire collapsed entirely.

Would you applaud Tony Benn if he tried to save the thousands of jobs that would be lost?
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

08-07-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->

My bold, I agree Antibrown, he did say that a Sunday Sun - or Sun on Sunday - I forget which - was already on the cards before TNOTW closed. It's closing was no sudden decision but planned. I liked Shirley Williams too.

Murdoch's lot are a box of snakes! I haven't bought a national newspaper for years. I got sick & tired with their attempts at manipulation & use of emotive language.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top