Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 03:30 PM

Re: Exciting Times

It is funny how everyone jumps on the bandwagon and knows who to blame.

What people are forgetting is that this has been going on since 2002 when Blair and his pirates were in league with Murdoch dinning on his Yacht and going to his parties.

Blair Brown and Campbell were regular guests at all his functions.

NOW, labour are saying Cameron should do something about it and rightly so but why did'nt the corupt dictatorial Labour idiots do something when it started?
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

18-07-2011, 04:39 PM

I have to say I find it all deeply disturbing and do not enjoy seeing our nation falling apart.
We do seem now to be staring a UK Watergate situation down the barrel.

Who is there we can put our trust in?, is there anyone left in public life with a scintilla of moral rectitude?

Any trust that we had in our elected representatives at parliament is at an all time low. It has got so bad that if one of the leaders says something we either doubt their words or accuse them of political expediency.

I cannot remember when the confidence in the judicery was as bad as at the present time and now it seems an entire police force is under a black cloud.

We saw and heard Sir Paul Stephenson the now ex Metropolitan Police Commissioner deliver his resignation speech and yet he just could not let that humiliating occasion pass without a sneaky swipe at Cameron, why, and why just now?
It remains to be seen what the also now ex Met Assistant Commissioner John Yates comes out with in the next few hours.

The knives have been out for the Prime Minister for sometime but the queue forming behind him is getting longer by the day and the cloaks of deceit are not just of a red hue.

If this whole debacle was to bring about the fall of the coalition - and that is not as far fetched as it seemed just a week or two ago - who else could we turn to for help, Labour?

That grim alternative seems to me a bit ironic when most of the stuff in the spotlight happened during the last government's watch.
We can all see the sabres being rattled from the opposition party but there are so many skeletons jigging up and down in their cupboards it is negating the effect they are trying to create.

Realistically, the enquiries should start with BLiar's failure back in 2003 to get the then Home Secretary to look at the alleged police bribery. After that why not look into the reasons behind Golden Gordon Brown's decision not to bother with an investigation into the hacking back in 2009.
Since Ed Miliband was then in the cabinet why did he sit on his hands and do nothing?, except that is rsvp to a few social gatherings of the once untouchables.

Of course it is easy to play the outraged card but bricks and panes of glass spring to mind here, methinks they all doth protest too much.
What we really need from the people responsible is for everyone to stop playing these stupid chinese whispers games and for once be honest and start afresh.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
It is funny how everyone jumps on the bandwagon and knows who to blame.

What people are forgetting is that this has been going on since 2002 when Blair and his pirates were in league with Murdoch dinning on his Yacht and going to his parties.

Blair Brown and Campbell were regular guests at all his functions.

NOW, labour are saying Cameron should do something about it and rightly so but why did'nt the corupt dictatorial Labour idiots do something when it started?
I agree. As the man said on TV this morning, it's like an onion. How many more layers are there to be exposed?

Hopefully then the tide may turn, towards some semblance of decency and honesty. Of late the stink of corruption has been overwhelming in and around the establishment. Enough is enough!
GOG
Northumberland UK
GOG is male  GOG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 05:22 PM

Parts of the "Establishment" (Politics, Press, Police, the Professions, Big business etc.) have been corrupt to a greater or lesser degree pretty much for ever. What is new is the ability of mass media and the public (via Face Book, Twitter and the Internet) to expose and report wrongdoing to a greater extent than has ever been possible thus far.

Politicians and others are using the current disgraceful state of affairs to score political points and settle old scores when what they really should be concentrating on is the parlous state of the Global economy.

One: The Euro is in danger of disorderly disintegration and quite soon. Two: The USA will will Default and have it's AAA rating downgraded if the Republicans will not approve the raised borrowing limits in Congress which the President has requested.
If either or both these things happen the the World economy will nosedive and we will all be in a major recession.

If anyone believes that this is not the most important issue which Politicians and everyone else has to address then they are sadly deluded.

The hacking scandal and it's ramifications are media driven froth. To quote Bill Clinton "It's the economy stupid."
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by GOG ->
Parts of the "Establishment" (Politics, Press, Police, the Professions, Big business etc.) have been corrupt to a greater or lesser degree pretty much for ever. What is new is the ability of mass media and the public (via Face Book, Twitter and the Internet) to expose and report wrongdoing to a greater extent than has ever been possible thus far.

Politicians and others are using the current disgraceful state of affairs to score political points and settle old scores when what they really should be concentrating on is the parlous state of the Global economy.

One: The Euro is in danger of disorderly disintegration and quite soon. Two: The USA will will Default and have it's AAA rating downgraded if the Republicans will not approve the raised borrowing limits in Congress which the President has requested.
If either or both these things happen the the World economy will nosedive and we will all be in a major recession.

If anyone believes that this is not the most important issue which Politicians and everyone else has to address then they are sadly deluded.

The hacking scandal and it's ramifications are media driven froth. To quote Bill Clinton "It's the economy stupid."
Excellent post Gog.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by GOG ->
Hi GOG a chicken and egg situation isn't it, who is responsible for the perilous state of the global economy in the first place. The banks and countries who fund the global economy are only as good as those who regulate them.

I understand if the USA default it will be more of a gesture and should not have any real effect.

I would be happy to see the back of the Euro, as far as I am concerned it was a flawed concept from the beginning along with the ludicrously inefficient and and costly EC and its parliament.

I agree there are other important issues, but the disintegration of those in charge of the organisation responsible for the security of the capitol of our country at a time when terrorists pose a serious threat is very important to me.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 08:16 PM

Even more murky waters and the possibility of yet more conspiracy theories: It was reported on the news earlier this evening that the NOW journalist who blew the whistle on phone hacking has, today been found dead - now isn't that convenient and a coincidence??? I think not!!! Like David Kelly, he was conveniently silenced because he knew too much and knew where the bodies were buried.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Even more murky waters and the possibility of yet more conspiracy theories: It was reported on the news earlier this evening that the NOW journalist who blew the whistle on phone hacking has, today been found dead - now isn't that convenient and a coincidence??? I think not!!! Like David Kelly, he was conveniently silenced because he knew too much and knew where the bodies were buried.
Joe people do die without any suspicious circumstances.

I know I trust no-one until they prove they can be trusted but being paranoid about conspiracy theories is going a bit far.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Joe people do die without any suspicious circumstances.

I know I trust no-one until they prove they can be trusted but being paranoid about conspiracy theories is going a bit far.
So why are the Police saying his death is 'unexplained' AB matey??? - another one like David Kelly.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

19-07-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So why are the Police saying his death is 'unexplained' AB matey??? - another one like David Kelly.

Joe, you are getting as bad as Ed Miliband, Yvette Cooper
and Dennis Skinner.

Yes the police said it was 'unexplained' but added the part you neglect to mention, 'Not thought to be Suspicious'.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top