Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2011, 08:09 PM

Re: The £75000 bottle of wine.

I take your point Nuttygran--When you watch yet again the starving desperate people of Africa on the tv news programs,it does seem obscene to spend that amount of money on a bottle of wine. I often think it's crazy what the wealthy throw money at. It would be a better world if more of the filthy rich donated to the truly needy as they can't take it with them when they shuffle of into the sunset. The very wealthy Mr.+Mrs. Bill Gates are fine examples who are giving away a vast slice of their fortune to assist third world countries.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 05:23 PM

I only know that if I had that kind of money to throw around, I throw it where it would help others who through no fault of their own, were suffering.

To be fair, perhaps a lot of rich people do just that. I know of one TV star who helped some children and one film star who helped an old lady - both on the understanding that it was not publicized in any way.

Yesterday I was stung by two contrasting news reports, one about the wine and the other about children starving.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
I only know that if I had that kind of money to throw around, I throw it where it would help others who through no fault of their own, were suffering.

To be fair, perhaps a lot of rich people do just that. I know of one TV star who helped some children and one film star who helped an old lady - both on the understanding that it was not publicized in any way.

Yesterday I was stung by two contrasting news reports, one about the wine and the other about children starving.
Wouldn't it be awful if after paying all that money he dropped the bottle that is the kind of thing I would do
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 05:31 PM

Yes NG darlin' - but the scale of this disaster is beyond individual benevolence - it requires governments to intervene and whilst our government have helped and in addition the DEC appeal has raised £millions more, other countries in the EU and across the world have not contributed either at all or only very small amounts. That makes me VERY angry!!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 03:51 PM

Some people have more money than sense.....wish I was one of them lol.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top