Join for free
Page 20 of 30 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 07:18 PM

Re: Are you stocking up just in case?

Methinks the panic buying will start in earnest now this virus has been named a pandemic.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 07:50 PM

Hi

Yes, been out with Guy this afternoon.

Panic buying all the essentials.

Marmite, one jar, two packs of salt and vinegar crisps, two bottles of Malt Vinegar,2 x 4 cans of Tuna in brine and one jar of Garlic Mayo.

Two Shower Gels and one shampoo.

We can cope with anything now.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, been out with Guy this afternoon.

Panic buying all the essentials.

Marmite, one jar, two packs of salt and vinegar crisps, two bottles of Malt Vinegar,2 x 4 cans of Tuna in brine and one jar of Garlic Mayo.

Two Shower Gels and one shampoo.

We can cope with anything now.
Swimmy, that made me laugh as did one of your other replies in another thread.
What did they give you in the hospital yesterday as you seem to be in top form with your jokes today!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Morrisons (and Home Bargains) has enough loo rolls but the former had more or less run out of pasta! Plenty of rice...why don’t people stock up on rice, as well?
I have plenty of pasta and brown rice in my stock, I can always knock up a meal with both those items.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Methinks the panic buying will start in earnest now this virus has been named a pandemic.

Yes, I bet you're right, May.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:47 PM

According to the news this morning Italy has ordered all shops to be shut except for Pharmacies and certain food shops.

Perhaps people are stocking up on the wrong things?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
You're right! I think I might make a trip to the grog shop today and get in an extra slab of beer and a flagon of Sweet Apera just in case.

You can never be too careful in these desperate times.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I think I might make a trip to the grog shop today and get in an extra slab of beer and a flagon of Sweet Apera just in case.

You can never be too careful in these desperate times.
I like the way you men get your priorities right!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 09:50 AM

Anyone NOT stocking up needs their heads examined. Paracetamol looks like being in short supply very soon. Stocking the freezer may prove to be not a thing to concentrate on because electricity supplies are likely to be unreliable too, same with water and gas supplies . The root cause being shortage of people at work to maintain things.

The announcement by BoJo indicates that the UK is about three to four weeks behind Italy, check out what state Italy is in today and you'll see what state the UK will be in about three to four weeks from now.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 09:20 PM

Exactly my thoughts TAT

Page 20 of 30 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top