Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 12:33 PM

Ghost Story

Years ago I saw a ghost & I wasn't alone either. It was when I worked at a riding/livery stable in Kingston-on-Thames.
We, my fellow stable groom & I, were at the stables where we worked. It was late & it was in Winter & very chilly. We were waiting for the our boss so we could go home.
We were late going because we'd had a horse with collic & the vet had just gone. Our boss was going to stay overnight with the horse who was by then better but couldn't be left alone all night.
We were in the kitchen area, sitting at the big scrubbed table in the middle of the room, with tea mugs, open fire & in front of us barn type double doors leading into the bottom yard which were closed with a bar.
Suddenly the fire flared the light flickered & nearly went out, it stayed dim, then it got very cold & an icy wind came up from nowhere, slowly the double doors swung outwards & open.
The yard was in darkness, no light anywhere outdoors, except from the room, then as we stared out this figure seemed to glide across the yard, it was dressed in old fashioned riding gear. The figure stopped in the middle of the yard, looked around & then it stared at us. It had a silvery glow coming from it's body We were terrified.
Then as we watched it the fire flared again the light got brighter, we looked at each other & looked back to the yard & the vision/ghost had gone. I got up & pulled the doors shut, we were shaking.
All this happened in just a few minutes, it seemed like hours, we talked about what we'd seen & both had seen the same thing.
Our Boss arrived & we told him but he poo pooed it, said we'd seen no ghost, just reflected light from somewhere. We said how could the doors open on their own then, his reply, whoever shut them didn't do it properly, utter rubbish, you had to ram that bar down hard to shut them & it was difficult to undo them, they were heavy & very solid..
We got teased after that for years & no one else ever saw anything, not even the live in head lad/groom they employed when they decided someone should be there all the time.
Though that isn't surprising as he was the most unimaginative man I'd ever met & a prat.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 01:02 PM

Re: Ghost Story

Thanks for sharing that spooky story Tiffany couldnt have been a figment of your imagination as both of you saw it and witnessed it..wish I could see something like it too lol
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Thanks for sharing that spooky story Tiffany couldnt have been a figment of your imagination as both of you saw it and witnessed it..wish I could see something like it too lol
It was pretty frightening, Aysa, at the time.
As an extra to that our old Boss, the man before the Boss who pooed what we saw & who had retired, when we told him, he said he thought it could have been a man who used to own the stables back in the 1800's. The buiding we were in was very old. The man's name was Captain Johns & it was thought he'd committed suicide in that yard, but there was no proof.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 01:49 PM

A very scary true story, how did you keep quiet and not scream when the doors flew open? I think i would have.. There's alway's an explaination and you found out from the old man that the Captain had committed suicide in the 1800's...

I like ghost stories.. Thanks Tiffany
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 01:49 PM

Its like a video recording replayed - great to see
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 02:22 PM

Very spooky...love these occurences being re-told
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

27-10-2015, 02:33 PM

Thanks to you all for replying. Much appreciated.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 02:44 PM

Very spooky, love it, though I'd have been petrified at the time, too. I believe there are restless spirits moving amongst us and there are so many unexplained occurrences that it does make you wonder.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It was pretty frightening, Aysa, at the time.
As an extra to that our old Boss, the man before the Boss who pooed what we saw & who had retired, when we told him, he said he thought it could have been a man who used to own the stables back in the 1800's. The buiding we were in was very old. The man's name was Captain Johns & it was thought he'd committed suicide in that yard, but there was no proof.
That would have creeped me out also when the doors opened.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 03:23 PM

Ooohhh, creepy indeed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top