Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 12:01 AM

Re: Is there anything you miss from when you were younger?

Running.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 12:30 AM

I miss being able to think "there's always tomorrow". At my age now, I'm not so certain there will be.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I miss worrying about the future.

What's stopping you still doing that, Spitty?
I don't believe you're too old to have a future still?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It was bad enough when the money started to change, I went through three types of currency in my lifetime, the old LSD system, then decimalisation, and now the Euro, enough to do your head in. Then came the kilo’s and the litres followed by the millimetres and the kilometers, wouldn’t you think they’d give you a long rest to digest all that stuff, not a bit of it, they take all the knobs off the TV’s so you can’t switch them on or off anymore, you have to use a remote control, and just when you’ve mastered the art of taping shows on the VCR they switch over to discs and the tapes are useless, so is the bloody VCR, I won’t begin to talk about the whole new language you have to learn just to use a computer.
Then they tell you you can’t have a smoke with your pint anymore, the only comfort that’s keeping you sane through all this bewilderment they call progress, you have to move outside and catch pneumonia. The daughter calls to take you out for a spin in the car on a nice day and you have to strap yourself into the car seat like a wild animal being delivered to the zoo, you sit there as stiff as a plank and hardly able to breathe, when you get home she asks you “”Did you enjoy the drive Dad?” and green in the face I answer “Oh course I did Love”
They tell you to cut out this and that and you'll live longer, then when you live longer they tell you you are a burden on the state, talk about hypocrites!
The fact is Mary I miss everything being the way it was, I don't mind the age bit in the least, I could be here all night telling you about all the wonderful changes I didn’t want or need but got them anyway.

Bless you Jem. Lovely post.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 02:14 AM

My memories of Lancashire, where I was born and were we always went back every year to visit my Grandma,. To me it was a magical place with cobbled streets, wonderful meat and potato pies and warm friendly people with northern accents .
There were dangerous slag heaps to climb and brooks to catch tiddlers in, dandelion and burdock to drink
It was all so beautifully black ( we had moved to red brick surrey ) and I can still remember old ladies wearing shawls and clogs.
I went back this year for the first time in years,
Its all changed everything is clean and sand blasted the old mills changed into luxury flats and the slag heaps like my childhood are long gone.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 05:58 AM

Why is technology so complicated, can't they design things with simplicity in mind anymore ?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 08:46 AM

Exactly Alan. I miss my Morris Minor. Simple, uncomplicated and as long as you greased the suspension and drive shaft regularly, very reliable.

I also miss my hair.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 09:16 AM

I miss good entertainment venue's. There used to be several clubs in my vicinity that were really good to go to if you wanted a good night out. You could be served a meal at your table while watching the cabaret from visiting artists. After the show there was late night dancing.

Anybody in Derbys/Notts might know where I mean - The Commodore at Nottingham, The Aquarius at Chesterfield, Talk of the town at Derby.
All gone now - knocked down or changed into supermarkets!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 09:38 AM

I miss my Mum.

In general I miss going to the cinema. We used to have about
20 around where I lived and we used to walk miles as kids
to see a great film. Had to get the bus sometimes to the
further regions. Loved the Saturday morning for kids it was
only 6d. Mighty Mouse, Hopalong Cassidy, Flash Gordon, Roy Rogers.
Those were the days.

I also was a sweet tooth and loved the sweets you could buy for a 1d.
And I don't mean One Direction.

The Commodore Carol is a Sainsbury I think last time I went past it.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 09:53 AM

I also miss my clever always right mum.
I also miss working, driving my cab around London in the heavy traffic, yea right.
If you believe that last sentence, you could believe anything.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top