Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 07:42 PM

Re: Feedback on a 'Check A Trade' tradesman

They are Aysa.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
They are Aysa.
That's what I was told too.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:37 PM

We were badly let down by a company with good feedback on Checkatrade. We left feedback ourselves but this was also given a good score because of the questions they asked. Yes, they were good timekeepers, and they were tidy workers but they didn't carry out the work they quoted for.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:38 PM

Ruddy awful when you need to get people in to do all the jobs you can do yourself and now struggle with.

Finally , with luck got the boiler fixed after two weeks waiting, then only by luck.

Beats me how we have a job shortage, unless it is the demise of apprenticeships.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Spitfire we use Trading Standards now, it's all too easy to get onto CheckaTrade we were told.

However, in your case...I would always call first and simply ask what happened to the quote you were promised in 24 hours.

But then I usually give folk the benefit of the doubt before I clobber them

Spitty, I agree with ruthio.
I have just found a very pleasant gas man/plumber on check a trade, so it can work sometimes. I would give him a quick ring and remind him of his promise, but if he doesn't stick to his word this time, he'd be out on his ear, and I'd look elsewhere.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 09:34 AM

We also have a trades section on WightBay, here on the IoW. Wouldn't use web-based tradesmen, but being on an Island, word of mouth is easy.....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 11:06 AM

I look at recommendations on social media sites. They seem genuine.

There is Streetlife, and Xxxx Recommends (Xxxx being the name of your town/city), the latter on FB.

If ever I needed someone/something, I'd head for there first (personally).

Can't be arsed with tradespeople letting me down like that.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 11:58 AM

Darn ... I'm still trying to find a roofer.
I prefer to use people friends recommend, but at the moment I'm getting nowhere.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top