Join for free
Page 52 of 58 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 04:08 AM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 1)

watched both those films over time but the Thomas Crown Affair I watched a week ago - the original of course with McQueen and Fay Dunaway - the acting of course was superb and discreet - no smutty bedroom scenes - the filming spot on and the directing - no open sex was observed but had to be thought out. bit like the Scent of a Woman in some ways!

since talkin to you last thought of anothe amazing story from the Kimberleys - we know have only one hairdresser in town and she is definitely not a 'barber' - so having no option popped in there on tues to find the shop totally empty - can you do a quick cut please was my plea? sorry sir earliest booking is tomorrow at 2.45pm - what - well no option so took it - turned up next day and again shop totally empty - had a delightful haircut at seniors rates it took exactly 10 mins and cost $20. beggars can't be choosers comes to mind

NB: just ordered on line of course my next package of pipe tobacco - Samuel Gawith Black Forest - sounds mysterious and dark heh? - the tobacco is produced by the same named company who reside in the Lake District I believe but my sample is coming from Victoria OZ!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
My medication is squeezing the life out of me dear boy. I've taken to downing a few shots of an evening, since we downsized from a house to a flat, stress you know.

When I first had Parkinsons I took to using a stick cos it gave a signal to folks that I was ill, not tipsy. Nowadays I'm just as likely to be both of those things.

Being positive I accept that nothing stays the same in this life. THe sting in the tail of this unstoppable force is that doing nothing is often NOT an option

Take modern gadgets, I have no mobile phone or any of the later improvements. I let them all pass in the sure knowledge that I could catch up, when I had time, didnt work did it?

In the retirement development we have moved in to we are the youngest owners, in fact the demised previous owner of our flat was 100. The living ones are mostly in their 80s.

THere is a chance of more drivel later in Viking,North Utsire
South Utsire,Forties,Cromarty,Forth * warning,Tyne * ,warning,Dogger * warning,Fisher,German Bight,Humber
Thames,Dover,Wight,Portland,Plymouth,Biscay,Trafal gar * warning,FitzRoy * warning,Sole,Lundy,Fastnet,Irish Sea
Shannon,Rockall * warning,Malin,Hebrides,Bailey * warning
Fair Isle,Faeroes,Southeast Iceland.

Does that take you back?
Your cheerfulness and good humour often makes me forget you have an ailment RJ, I'm not sure whether that's right or wrong on my part, but you have my admiration all the time.
I do indeed remember the gale warnings on the BBC, as Gumbud said it did make those who were not in the mentioned areas feel very safe.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 09:48 PM

The Banker and the Bishop sat up at the bar
The politician came in when he parked his car
They greeted each other with plastic smiles
Then they sat down to compare their files
“I made a million on the stock exchange today.
The Sun never shone but I still made my hay”
“Some poor devil will be the loss of it”
“To hell with him I’ll never fret”
The bishop had little to shout about
But he was good at putting on the poor mouth
“How much of that are you donating to the flock?”
“Sweet bugger all from me will you dock”
I finished me drink and went on me way
I’d had enough of greed for any one day.

Bishops, Politicians, Bankers, and other arseholes of that ilk are fair game in poems and Limericks, always have been since man started to scribble. I believe there exists a prehistoric cave drawing in France showing what appears to be the groups leader having a thorn stuck in his backside by a small laughing boy.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 03:50 PM

He sat down beside me,said "Pug-I hear you're skint.
Look at my wallet dude-I'm worth a mint!"
I smiled and said "Sunbeam,you deceive to flatter;
the only real difference is your wallet's fatter.
There's a small-but-significant thing you've long lacked;
YOU may be rich-but my integrity's intact".
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-05-2015, 07:41 PM

Oh how sweet it is Pug, integrity and a clear conscience.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 09:42 PM

On the subject of BISHOPS, the late Kenneth Williams mentions in his book ACID DROPS a Bishop who happened to share a first class railway carriage with a travelling company of thespians, currently in panto.
Passing round a bag of acid drops he asked each one of them what part they took in their looming production DICK WHITTINGTON. Finally he asked if the actress next to him if she took Dick.
“Yes” she said, “But not for acid drops”
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-05-2015, 10:14 PM

Was that Whittingly or unwittingly?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 11:57 PM

Final Will !!

I was sitting at the computer the other day & called out to my wife,
"WHEN I DIE I'M GOING TO LEAVE EVERYTHING TO YOU, DEAR!"

SHE SHOUTED BACK "YOU ALREADY DO, YOU LAZY BASTARD”
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Was that Whittingly or unwittingly?
dunno, could it be apocryphal?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

30-05-2015, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Final Will !!

I was sitting at the computer the other day & called out to my wife,
"WHEN I DIE I'M GOING TO LEAVE EVERYTHING TO YOU, DEAR!"

SHE SHOUTED BACK "YOU ALREADY DO, YOU LAZY BASTARD”
It's enough to turn you into a misogynist/

Page 52 of 58 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top