Join for free
Page 14 of 52 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:43 PM

Re: Jerusalem

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why it was so important to have a big "oscar-type" ceremony to mark the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem.

Why all the amateur dramatics?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:45 PM

Because that is the American way.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
"If one person throws a stone at us we will shoot a dozen of them" is never a doctrine for peace.
Is that really the strategy? I think it's more complex.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why it was so important to have a big "oscar-type" ceremony to mark the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem.

Why all the amateur dramatics?
If it was a big ‘Oscar-type ‘ ceremony it wouldn’t be amateur would it?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-05-2018, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
If it was a big ‘Oscar-type ‘ ceremony it wouldn’t be amateur would it?
Why not?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Every Nation State has a right to defend it's Borders.

I have no issue with that at all.

Israel has right to exist.

What it does not have a right to do is to fire live ammunition at protesters on the other side of a heavily defended Border.
Does Hamas have a right to fire rockets across the border into Israel, and kill indiscriminately?

Of course, I realise that 'two wrongs don't make a right', but why is everyone criticising Israel when Hamas is doing exactly the same?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-05-2018, 06:53 AM

Because Israel are supposed to be the good guys.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 06:59 AM

Swims your reponse to my statement as to why Israel does not use water cannons I find puzzling .

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Israel needs to learn a few basic facts.
You target those responsible, not the innocents.

Do you really think does anyone think that Israel targets the innocent ?
This is propaganda put about without proof by the Palestinian PR machine in order to inspire sythpathy .
It is Hamas who targets innocent soft targets when they murder innocent Israelis standing at bus stops or puts bombs in market places or pizza restaurants .
Israel does everything to avoid hurting the innocent .
It is Hamas who deliberately puts innocents in dangerous situations .

To get back to the water cannons.
This is a region where everyone conserves water .
There are notices even in hotels about not flushing the loo unless it's for number two !
The Gazan border is a desert region water cannons are generally used in cities at close quarters.

However Israel has used what they call 'skunk' water It has a non toxic. chemical added that makes it smell foul .
Needless to say they were forthwith reported to the UN despite the fact that other countries are now using it in riot situations.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Because Israel are supposed to be the good guys.
They are the good guys Annie.
Would you like to see innocent Israeli citizens murdered if that fence is breached ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

17-05-2018, 08:00 AM

From the Middle East co ordinater for peace

"Against that backdrop, essential medical supplies in Gaza hospitals had been exhausted, he said. On 14 May, the United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator, who was currently in Gaza, had visited Shifa Hospital, where there was a shortage of beds for the wounded arriving from the protests at the fence. He appealed to Israel, Egypt and the Palestinian authorities to facilitate the exit from Gaza of the seriously wounded to receive medical treatment.That dire situation was compounded by the fact that the Palestinian Authority continued to withhold salaries of some 20,000 civil service employees in Gaza. Furthermore, on 4 and 11 May, Palestinian demonstrators had destroyed most of the facilities on the Gaza side of the Kerem Shalom crossing — the main entry point for goods and materials, he recalled. The perpetrators of that destruction shared responsibility for exacerbating the suffering of 2 million Gazans, he said, stressing that Hamas had not prevented those actions.

So let's understand this the PA lead by Mohamed Abas is not handing over money to Gaza because it cannot agree with Hamas
Hamas destroys the facilities on the GAZAN side of the crossing where tons of supplies go in EVERYDAY in order to exacerbate the sufferings of its OWN people ?

Page 14 of 52 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top